• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 Garmin 93sv Install

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always thought the transducer was supposed to be in-line w the bottom of the hull. Yours looks lower. Am I wrong?
Garmin recommends bottom of transducer 3/8" below lowest point but no higher than a 5 degree angle from the lowest point for optimum side vue/scan.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Powered up first time. The screen is awesome on the 9 inch
20210428_171937.jpg

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good, just need to get her on the water now.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice! I've got the same Garmin and I absolutely love it. It also serves as the helm remote for my Fusion headunit. I used a Seasucker mount onto the windshield for mine. I'll get a pic of it the next time I'm in the boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I tested out the Garmin 93SV on the water, it worked fantastic at all speeds up to WOT. The way that I mounted it only gives me a very small center line in side vue and the clarity was fantastic. The Mount worked great where it was on my dash and the admiral enjoyed watching it, I spun it her way to Port seat, so she could see underwater structures an fish. Kept her quite occupied for a while, nice side benefit of that mounting location.

I had to change the transducer mount spray shield. I took it off. The reason was at speed shield was acting like a trim tab sort of. Joel at West Marine indicated it may do that but to test it first. Water was 54 degrees but I managed to unscrew it and screw the mounting plate back on.

Otherwise couldn't be happier.

20210502_155659.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
So I tested out the Garmin 93SV on the water, it worked fantastic at all speeds up to WOT. The way that I mounted it only gives me a very small center line in side vue and the clarity was fantastic. The Mount worked great where it was on my dash and the admiral enjoyed watching it, I spun it her way to Port seat, so she could see underwater structures an fish. Kept her quite occupied for a while, nice side benefit of that mounting location.

I had to change the transducer mount spray shield. I took it off. The reason was at speed shield was acting like a trim tab sort of. Joel at West Marine indicated it may do that but to test it first. Water was 54 degrees but I managed to unscrew it and screw the mounting plate back on.

View attachment 148655
Nice job! That water is gorgeous. That’s Lake Michigan?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake St. Clair

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So the location of the transducer is a winner? I have the same transducer and I'll be mounting it at the end of the season. I also want the measurements for the aluminum part or I'll buy one lol

Start the production like Julien and HangOutdoors

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah the location is solid. My slightly different fabrication works solid up to about 24mph then it gets some wash out, but it's a little different than theirs. I'll probably modify it eventually, but for now it's been good enough.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Michael Rasmussen Yes the location works fine and it is solid. I can get you the exact measurements any time you like. Everything I fabricated from aluminum is from Lowe's. Home Depot has the same stuff and I did it in the garage. When I get around to it I may have a shop fabricate me the same mount and weld it off. What is nice is I can adjust it now or shorten and lengthen it easy so I can test out what works for me the best.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors I'm having a shop install the chartplotter and transducer. I am going to talk to them about transducer placement and it might be a good idea to have the measurements for the bracket you made.

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 148655
Looks great, nice work. Did you try cruising with the center windshield open at all? I’m wondering if the wind will have any effect. Mount looks super rigid so I’m guessing minimal if any.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BeauSko Yes cruise a lot at WOT with window open. It doesn't affect it at all. Also swings out and I can spin it so I can look at it while I am up front casting and fishing.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors I'm having a shop install the chartplotter and transducer. I am going to talk to them about transducer placement and it might be a good idea to have the measurements for the bracket you made.
I will try and go out and get the dimensions tomorrow or Wednesday, when I am home from work and it isn't storming out.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors Sorry for bringing up an old tread, but just a general question if you are happy with the Garmin model you chose?
Pros and cons? I have a Garmin GPSMAP 640, but I am afraid it's really too small for my bad eyes so I was thinking of upgrading to this model.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is fantastic. I like everything about it. I can see it without my reading glasses on.

Also this why I posted it all in this thread so ask any questions you like.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is fantastic. I like everything about it. I can see it without my reading glasses on.

Also this why I posted it all in this thread so ask any questions you like.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Great thread. With such a busy dash on the 210, I was wondering where one could fit a 9" Garmin. I really like how it is adjustable for different viewing points inside the boat! :thumbsup:

I probably need to look again, but did you get your trolling motor installed?

Jim