• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 Bimini top?

Brandon240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It also still collapses all the way down for trailering. The bimini cover still fit perfectly.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It also still collapses all the way down for trailering. The bimini cover still fit perfectly.
That's what I think is so cool about your mod!
It really is perfect if it all holds up, keep us posted!

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh you the man. Following this thread. About to go to the lake but on Monday i'll be back on this page lol. I'm very interested in this model.

Brandon240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update on the bimini from the water...

So excited about it I had to stop and post about it. It works great, very stable at max speed (50 mph) 20180804_154220.jpg

Hivedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are a genius...I am selling my '07 AR and getting a '17 AR and this was my biggest concern. Thank you for sharing!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So what is the full dimensions of stock vs modified bimini @Brandon240 ?

Brandon240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's still the exact same dimensions all the way around except the front is extended 18 inches forward. Sorry, I don't know the exact dimensions and I'm out of town so I can't measure it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's still the exact same dimensions all the way around except the front is extended 18 inches forward. Sorry, I don't know the exact dimensions and I'm out of town so I can't measure it.
Thnaks again for posting this. I agree with @Hivedog - genius mod!
One more question - if you don't mind! Do the front extension/support poles fold with the bimini to fit in the factory boot?
I'm planning on implementing this in the off season.
I debating incorporating a zipper for side panels, too, but that maybe for later.

--

Brandon240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thnaks again for posting this. I agree with @Hivedog - genius mod!
One more question - if you don't mind! Do the front extension/support poles fold with the bimini to fit in the factory boot?
I'm planning on implementing this in the off season.
I debating incorporating a zipper for side panels, too, but that maybe for later.

--
I don't have an exact answer for that in a factory boot. When I bought the boat the factory boot was very weathered. I purchased a black aftermarket boot and it fits great in it. I suspect it will fit in a factory boot without a problem.

Not a bad idea incorporating a zipper for some quick attach side panels.

I plan on doing more tinkering with mine at some point. The guy that did my canvas extension said he could re-build the entire canvas in black for around $400.

I also thought about adding side extensions when I have it completely rebuilt in black. Maybe this winter when I'm not so consumed with work.

Side note: Ordered my trim tabs last week. Should be getting them next week. Can't wait to put those on!

Hivedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing all this @Brandon240 , can't wait to see what you do with the trim tabs!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent job @Brandon240 ! I've contemplated this thought, it's awesome to see it pulled off and that it works so well. Very impressed!

I tackled my own shade project earlier this season. I think I came up with a unique solution, one I've not seen pulled off on a Yamaha yet. I've now had a chance to use it a couple of times now and I am really proud of how it's worked out.

Without being to critical of anyone, I wanted something a little more than the umbrellas. Maybe something that wasn't necessarily a factory extension, but something that looked like maybe it was a Yamaha accessory. So my search was on...

I shortly stumbled across this video and instantly had a plan:

The plan:
  1. Swap out swim deck holders for stainless rod/cup holders
  2. Measure and order the best fit T-Top Boat Shade
  3. Mount the poles provided in the kit in the cup/rod holders on the swim deck
  4. Fasten the shade to the tower and extend it back to the poles.
  5. Enjoy all the shade.
Here's the results:
20180819_140806.jpg 20180819_140724.jpg 20180819_140739.jpg 20180819_141323.jpg
The shade really has a lot of stretch, and the anchor points provide a ton of options for positioning it for maximum shade.
20180819_140623.jpg 20180819_141005.jpg 20180819_141038.jpg
We've even tried it stretched forward from the bimini up to the front grab rails which provided nice shade for the cockpit. No doubt it could be mounted along the side of the boat as well.

I'll follow with a parts list and tips for install them I have time.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is awesome, I doing this

Thanks guys

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
4 small clamps (per flag), 3 feet of bungee cord, three 3-foot lengths of half-inch tube (I used aluminum, but SS would be better), 1 foot of solid rod (od=id of tube), two Bomb Wake flag holders, some small nuts, bolts and washers, about 10 inches of noodle, and your favorite 3x5 banner/flag... it takes about a minute to set up. I've used it in 15 to 20 mph winds and it holds fine. I've slow-cruised (13 mph) with it too, but I wouldn't expect it to hold like a normal bimini top would under tougher conditions. The flag holder brackets stay mounted to the tower. The support rod assemblies are held together as one piece by the bungee cord, but will fold down to 3 feet in length for storage. The support rods will float when dropped in the water (noodle). I have 3 different flags that are interchangeable, based on my mood... Yamaha or Kenny Chesney. The flags have a spring clamp mounted to each corner using bolts, uv resistant glue and washers, and when not being used as a bimini extension, I usually hang them from the side of the bimini to stop direct sunlight from coming in from the side. It's easy to make, easy to install, easy to store, and really cost effective. I use the system every time I anchor.

View attachment 42820
I used it quite a bit in Bimini this year since two crew members have skin cancer issues.
View attachment 42821
@RadioWaves, let me know if you have any questions.
Hey MrMoose, where is this picture taken at?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
4 small clamps (per flag), 3 feet of bungee cord, three 3-foot lengths of half-inch tube (I used aluminum, but SS would be better), 1 foot of solid rod (od=id of tube), two Bomb Wake flag holders, some small nuts, bolts and washers, about 10 inches of noodle, and your favorite 3x5 banner/flag... it takes about a minute to set up. I've used it in 15 to 20 mph winds and it holds fine. I've slow-cruised (13 mph) with it too, but I wouldn't expect it to hold like a normal bimini top would under tougher conditions. The flag holder brackets stay mounted to the tower. The support rod assemblies are held together as one piece by the bungee cord, but will fold down to 3 feet in length for storage. The support rods will float when dropped in the water (noodle). I have 3 different flags that are interchangeable, based on my mood... Yamaha or Kenny Chesney. The flags have a spring clamp mounted to each corner using bolts, uv resistant glue and washers, and when not being used as a bimini extension, I usually hang them from the side of the bimini to stop direct sunlight from coming in from the side. It's easy to make, easy to install, easy to store, and really cost effective. I use the system every time I anchor.

View attachment 42820
I used it quite a bit in Bimini this year since two crew members have skin cancer issues.
View attachment 42821
@RadioWaves, let me know if you have any questions.
No shoes nation 🤠🇺🇸

Brandon240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just waiting for @Brandon240 to offer to do this mod for me with compensation ;)
Haha!

It's been a while since I've been on here. Summer is almost back! I dropped my Bimini canvas off at my buddies shop last week. Having him make a complete new one in black. I'm very hopeful he can make it a perfect fit with my new forward extensions. If so, I can have him build more if anyone is interested. I can also bend the SS extension rods for you and ship it all. Not trying to start a business doing this lol but I don't mind helping fellow boaters. It truly made a big difference.

Side note: Booked a house in Exuma for mid July! Dallas, TX to Exuma coming up. Two boats and 9 good friends.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha!

It's been a while since I've been on here. Summer is almost back! I dropped my Bimini canvas off at my buddies shop last week. Having him make a complete new one in black. I'm very hopeful he can make it a perfect fit with my new forward extensions. If so, I can have him build more if anyone is interested. I can also bend the SS extension rods for you and ship it all. Not trying to start a business doing this lol but I don't mind helping fellow boaters. It truly made a big difference.

Side note: Booked a house in Exuma for mid July! Dallas, TX to Exuma coming up. Two boats and 9 good friends.
Well lets talk then. Would love to get this mod completed. Need more shade spot.

ccoff864

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha!

If you’d make them I’m sure there would be a few who would purchase them. I’d be one of the few for sure!!