• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR240 damaged in delivery..would you buy it?

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd say a minimum $10,000 off for the potential of damage unseen. Otherwise than that, I'd walk away as other have hinted to. Sad thing is someone, not on this site or the other will by this boat if they don't know the history of it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was in the market and it was close, I'd inspect it and if still interested would pay a pro to do the same or a full blown survey. If I finance it my insurer could or might mandate an inspection. I'd also like to know if what it would cost to complete the repairs to bring it to "new" condition before making a purchase or pass decision. A model specific concern I would have is the keel, since the 2015 actually have a keel and rudder. Maybe my lender could tell me if its in the right price range, like my credit union does for used cars. If it had a salvaged title though, I would just pass, unless they were willing to sell it to for a ridiculously low price such that I wouldn't lose any money if I decided to sell it instead of repair it.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd have to say, no. I would want a boat from a dealer or someone who is an owner. A boat dropped on concrete could have so many issues other than a gel coat fix. What if there are serious structural issues that wouldn't be found until you are out on the open ocean pounding some waves and the hull leaks. I think the question would be, would you feel safe with you and your family in 3 foot waves on the ocean in this boat, if yes, you have your answer. I don't think anyone could guarantee this boat. I think this boat should be put in the category of salvage and scrapped.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What does it mean "no oil added"? The boats are run tested and shipped from the factory with oil, are they not? There should be a small amount of hours on the clock.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What does it mean "no oil added"? The boats are run tested and shipped from the factory with oil, are they not? There should be a small amount of hours on the clock.
Lol. They didn't add oil after it all leaked out while it sat upside down on its crushed tower!

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd pass. Also, there could be some other underlying reason why they can't put the tower back on.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This had to have been hashed out between a dealer refusing delivery, a company who was hired to transport a boat but decided to "drop it off" instead and more than likely two insurance companies. Between all of them, there has got to be tons of pics of the damage. Ask to see them before "making an offer".

Then post them here, because we're all curious ;)

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Guys, Im not actually in the market as i have a 242LS that we finally got upgraded the way we wanted last year, no starting over for me, LOL. I was just gauging others thoughts on it since my buddy called me about it. I do know that it is at a reputable boat repair/salvage company here by us. I in a roundabout way have known the guy selling it for years, and he is honest. he doesn't know much about these boats as they deal mainly in large fishing boats. Im quite sure whoever goes to look at the boat will be given full disclosure and any questions they have would be answered to the best of his knowledge. Now I wish I'd have asked more particulars about it being dropped, but alas, I wasn't in the market. If I were in the market I would take a close look at it, ask questions, and see about the YES warranty, etc., basically everything y'all have brought up. If someone were to be satisfied with the answers to those questions they could have a new AR240 for 15,000 off. LOL.

Ronald

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Like a wrecked car..never the same. Pass. I paid 48k for my 2014 brand new 242 ls..5 hrs on it. There good deals out there..hight of the season now but 3 months..you find a deal