• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Are non-refundable deposits a standard thing now?

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’m not convinced this will end anytime in the next year. I think a lot of people who are buying a luxury item such as a boat right now are probably not doing so with much uncertainty in their financial positions. And even if I am 100% wrong, I don’t foresee a market saturated with slightly used boats for cheap. If there are a bunch of people buying boats they can’t afford because they received a small four figure down payment courtesy of the taxp—err Uncle Sam, all we’re going to see is a bunch of three-payments-cheaper-than-new (“I have a payoff!”) beat to shit used boats.

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could see a ton of people who calculated the difference between a Disney vacation (with airfare) and the 1st year depreciation of a 40-100k liability. I could also see a few of them dumping boats in the northern states this fall. My last family Disney trip was like 10k. 1st year depreciation on a boat in 2020 at worst 15% at best 0%. Boat is cheaper than Disney.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How the hell do you spend 10k at Disney lol. Did you stay in the castle for a week?

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
5 Plane tickets to florida. $3500. Condo for the week $2500, Food for the week (park and restaurants) $1500. Park admission, show's for the week for 5 people ~$2000. Gift schwag etc. $1000. Disney is frigging expensive for 5 people!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Full disclosure we aren't Disney people...We took 2 girls to Disney for 1 day, we were out $500 for admission alone. Additional $100 or so for food, $ for Fastpasses, that didn't include us getting there or staying the night.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You must not have ever visited Disney. 😂
I've been quite a few times, and Disney Springs a lot more. I am only 90 minutes away, but I am a budget guy. When we go we stay in the cheapest decent hotel in the Disney area, usually $150ish/night) and eat at local restaurants, not at Disney. I've also stayed 15-20 minutes away at $50 a night, that's usually if we just have a long night and don't want to drive home that night lol. Used to have a weekday FL resident pass - was like $120 down and $10 a month - so $250 ish for the year for all parks. We also don't buy any stuff there, I hate knick knack stuff and more normal stuff is cheaper elsewhere.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@adrianp89 for us non-Floridians Disney is $120 per day for admission. I thought that was pretty crazy, but then we took the girls to Six Flags for Fright Fest last year, and it was just as much.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When we go it is 8-9k for the 4 of us depending on what we are doing and what flights cost. And this is for the week.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Ahhhh, I miss the days of 2001-2004 when we lived in FL......wife is a teacher so a couple of the years we bought the resident passes, which were at the time I think 2X the daily....for unlimited visits throughout the year. She probably took the kids 1-2 times a month (for a 3 day/2 night stay) in one of the off site but Disney owned/themed hotels...I think they charged around $125/$150 per night with shuttles so you didn’t have to deal with parking at the park.

They went so often I think we’ve done it once since we moved back to Michigan.......

Last edited:

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Check Holly Acres Marine in DC. Talk to Shan. I have a 1k deposit on a 2021 195S that is fully refundable with 2020 pricing and no freight.

I am still somewhat patiently waiting on them to call me and let me know my boat is in.

Good luck
Hey: Did they hit you up for prep??? How much?
Great looking boat!! Congrats!!!!