• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ATL Boat show 2022 Canceled

KYjetboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up. Sad to see Jason missing from the lineup. Been there every year until now.
Yes Jason is a good guy to work with I have bought two boats from him. I always like to look at the new line and catch up with him.

Gregvjr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm heading to the Kansas City Boat show tomorrow AM (its only a 'local' Lake of the Ozarks dealer show), but only one we have. I will report back - Yamaha dealer (per website) is to be there.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes Jason is a good guy to work with I have bought two boats from him. I always like to look at the new line and catch up with him.
I've always been really impressed with Jason.

We looked at an AR230 somewhere around '09 or so. Even did a test drive of his personal SX230 at the time out at Taylorsville. We got close to buying until we realized we didn't want to pay to store it (lived in a condo at the time). Fast forward to early '17 and we're in them market again. he recognized us right away, remembered the test drive, the whole nine yards. Was glad to see us back. We went in to buy a 224LS they had leftover from '16, but ended up taking home the AR190 we have now. Despite buying one of the cheapest boats on his lot at the time, he still treats us well, and remembers us every year.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Louisville boat show was TINY. Nothing new to report really. City was in the middle of a "snow squall" which kept most people home. For a Friday night it was surprisingly devoid of people, even for our area that has, in general, stopped paying attention to the current pandemic.

Spent about 10min talking to the Slingshot rep. Guy said he does all the US licensing for slingshot and is responsible for the deal to get the coaster into Yamahas wakesurf kit. I didn't mention I knew @J-RAD from here, so we just chatted about how the foil worked and what he thought would work well behind the AR190. No idea if these prices are good or not.

PXL_20220128_231819243.jpg

We bought a t-shirt and sticker from one of the venders. Wandered around the campers for a bit. Saw some lake friends at random, and chatted with them for awhile. Didn't see the roof top tents until this morning on the news. REALLY wish I would have seen those while I was there. Want to get one for camping this summer, but wife needs to see one in person. This would've been a great opportunity for that. Oh well :(

The only other thing that really caught my eye was this double actuated trim tab on a Moomba. Wondering if @haknslash has any idea what this thing does. Looks like significant complication for a tiny bit of wetted surface change.

PXL_20220129_000605845.jpg

PXL_20220129_000615771.jpg

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Houston boat show turned into a boat and car show. Not many deals. One of the dealers had a big board where they listed all of the boats they had. It was early the second day of the show and about 75% of the boats they had available were already sold. Yamaha outboards had a pretty big space, however a Yamaha boat was nowhere to be seen.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went to the JAX show yesterday and it was packed with boats. Mostly center console because Florida. Lots of toons and skis as well. A couple enormous Fountain CC fishing boats with all open cockpits, seems crazy to me, more of a south Florida thing I think. But the ledge is 60miles out here so I could see interest, but it would be nice to be able to get out of the weather. Most of the boats were 20-25ft. I didn’t see any cuddy cabin type boats that I’ve seen in other shows. No Boston Whalers or Grady Whites for that matter either. Good showing of side vendors as well, had fun chatting with lots of folks.

Local yammie dealer brought a good selection to look at though. First time being up close to the 25ft boats. After being in the 210 exclusively for a while now, it just seemed so phat. Talked to the manager for a bit and he mentioned that his allocation of about 130 boats was almost 75% sold already. I bet most will be sold before it even warms up. 5 out of the 9 FSH sold. Also overheard talk the many manufacturers have completed boats but cannot get the engines on them because of the chip shortage.

We were able to poke around in several of the CC boats we’ve been thinking about lately. The admiral still likes the Yamaha, but gave the green light on the FSH, so now I guess I really need to decide whether to deal with selling and buying a boat this year.

Attachments

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@2kwik4u the extra actuator and small tab area is the Flow 3.0 surf system. When engaged it adds a slight crab walk or skew to the boat when surfing to create a cleaner face on the wave and a slightly different wave shape. The Flow 2.0 surf system on my boat doesn’t have the extra actuator and tab. They came out with it on certain Moomba models in 2019 and have slowly trickled it to the other models in the brand over the years. This year it’s finally an option for the Max. Pretty slick system and those that have had both Flow 2 & 3 surf systems swear by the results they get with Flow 3.

Last year a guy with a 2021 Moomba Max had his dealer order all of the parts to add Flow 3 to his boat. Wave is very nice and clean! I would add it to my boat but Flow 3 isn’t compatible with my smaller 4.3” dash screen apparently and you must have the newish 7” screen for it to work.

AAC6448B-5187-480F-856C-ABD164F43680.jpeg

Last edited: