• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Automatic Boat Sprayer

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
As I've always stated, I like to make my life as easy as possible and still get the job done. :winkingthumbsup"

Cause my boat is on a lift I thought I could take advantage of the pilings holding the lift and roof. My idea is to add sprayers to each piling pointing at the boat. As the boat is lifting the sprayers will be "on" rinsing the boat as it passes by. This is pretty much the same as I do know with a garden hose. I know it's better to brush it but that's hard to do when it's on a lift. Liking the idea so much I picked up an electric valve which I control thru WiFi. Now, I can turn it on when we're still on the boat not allowing anything to dry. Another advantage is when I go out on the boat, I programmed the app to turn on for 5 minutes to rinse the cradle. Salt on anything eventually eats thru everything. I've yet to try it on the boat as it's still at the dealers. 😕

I finished it up over the weekend and I think it came out pretty good. I added a booster pump to help with the pressure (although I could still use more) and it all works. Here's a couple pics of it off and on. Let me what you think. Is it marketable? :greedy::greedy:🤓

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hard to tell from the picture if it has enough pressure to be effective, but its damn cool!

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
HA! I love the idea! Not sure how effective it is either, but think its awesome ingenuity!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
HA! I love the idea! Not sure how effective it is either, but think its awesome ingenuity!
Thank you! 👍

I got to try it when I brought the boat home. Actually worked better than I thought. It's "good enough" to spray the sides of the boat without leaving a salt residue. I checked it a couple hours later when it was dry and felt nothing.

Time will tell and teach/show me what else needs to be done to make it better. Everything is plastic (except for the adjustable set screw in the spray nozzle) so it should be able to withstand the salt. 🤞

I also thought about adding a Salt Away type adapter to help should the sprayers not be enough. We'll see...