• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Average Insurance cost

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You really can't have this discussion without comparing apples to apples which is sometimes hard to do with insurance.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
$346.00 through progressive.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
You really can't have this discussion without comparing apples to apples which is sometimes hard to do with insurance.
Agreed. I'm getting quotes now and they are generally around $350-$550/year. My auto/home/PWC insurer (Erie) will no longer add boats to homeowner's policies despite having my SeaDoo on there currently so they require a separate policy. It's a shame too because it was $250 until she found that out, then it jumped to $550.

So far Progressive is the highest, followed by Erie, and then BoatUS/Geico are about the same.

EDIT-I just went with Geico/Seaworthy. They were the lowest with good coverage. I paid a few bucks more for "Agreed value" over "Actual cash value". $281/year. I did remove towing (on & off water) because BoatUS at $24/year seems like a much better option.

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just switched to BoatUS for $454. $300,000 liability and comp $500 deductdeduct

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
USAA is not writing boats in Florida anymore. When I switched boats they put me with Progressive through USAA
same here....I pay about 600 a year with progressive through USAA....maybe I need to shop around.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Having insurance is one thing Using it is quite another. After having my ski, van and trailer destroyed on the interstate by someone with minimum coverage. He only had 10k liability. I will tell you that dealing with Progressive sure made the best of a bad situation.
They took care of the costs even though his insurance only covered about half of the total damage. They even returned my deductible although I was actually making a claim against my own insurance for the full amount of the damage. And they covered the tow bill , I don't know what it was but it took a flat bed wrecker several hours to load all my stuff and deliver it to my house where they unloaded it. Although that did save the storage costs that would have incurred if I Hadn't talked the driver into dropping it off in my yard. So I would strongly suggest checking with progressive.accident 05 25 14 ski, van, trailer wrecked 012.JPG accident 05 25 14 ski, van, trailer wrecked 009.JPG

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Older boat, but I pay less than $350 for full coverage with Allstate. My home and cars are with Allstate as well so there are some discounts.
Same, but I have AAA...But boat insurance is with progressive. Which is weird cuz that is a high risk company.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Same, but I have AAA...But boat insurance is with progressive. Which is weird cuz that is a high risk company.
I thought progressive used to be just for high risk people that couldn't get covered anywhere else but now is just like anywhere else?

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
BoatUS for 2016 242X ($70K): $514 for 300K liability and 1% deductible. Everything else is standard.
Added 150 dollar BoatUS "Unlimited Salt" (includes fresh) towing package, for $75 dollars (standard policy comes with 250/500 towing reimbursement), when added at policy start. Only for 1st year. Re-assess, next year.

Best news, have a $150 rider that you can add to policy to have it include Bahamas, for the year.
(Also, USAA allows me to leave Markel (their recreation boat ins. provider) and still keep the boat in the USAA Umbrella Policy).

win-win-win!

Last edited:

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
$440 through boat us with $35k replacement value and unlimited towing/assistance.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Progressive like most insurance companies write both preferred and "high risk" policies. But they all have different underwriting guidelines on how much risk they are willing to take. Geico for example has three companies under the Geico "Umbrella" they write under. 1)Geico which is preferred business 2) Geico Indemnity 3) Geico Casuality. However someone could have a perfect driving record but due to credit score they might not qualify for preferred rates and might have to pay a little higher premium. Not all states allow insurance companies to take credit score in consideration but most do. Typically though credit score is only used for auto and home insurance premiums.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As mentioned, it's hard to compare as rates are based heavily on location and coverage. But, I'm in TX and pay about $500 on my 08. It's been the same/similar since I bought new. Allstate and I have car and homeowners.

Kevin1741

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I pay $540 with boat us for 48k agrees value.
Like others said you have to compare apples to apples.