• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AWG of DVSR goround

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone know the AWG of that little ground wire that goes from the BEP DVSR to the battery?

The one seen in this picture not connected to anything.

Thanks!

IMG_20190622_181223.jpg

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe it's 14.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Isn't that supposed to be attached to a ground on one of the batteries?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, either terminal as both are connected. Should be removed when charging with your NOCO charger, and then connected when operating the boat.

Isn't that supposed to be attached to a ground on one of the batteries?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@suke yes. Also yes on @AJack comment. It is disconnected because I was installing the NOCO charger. I will add a switch to that ground wire so that all I have to do is flip the switch instead of attaching and removing the wire every time. Hence wondering about the AWG

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke yes. Also yes on @AJack comment. It is disconnected because I was installing the NOCO charger. I will add a switch to that ground wire so that all I have to do is flip the switch instead of attaching and removing the wire every time. Hence wondering about the AWG
AHHH! Makes sense. Yeah I found out as well with that wire attached it turns on the LED for the DVSR when I hook up one of my tenders to the batteries. Took that off and hooked them up as normal and it goes off. Interesting finding.....new to the dual battery setup. Still trying to figure out what's normal and what's not.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shameless bump on me question here. Can't be 14, that is too thick. I'm asking about the skinny ground cable