• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Back hatch door latch

shanson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know where I can get a new latch? This is on the back door on the swim platform deck.

Attachments

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is that for the back rest on the swim platform for the 242”s?

if so there is a thread around here somewhere because there are a few option as I believe that latch is also used in refrigerators and it is abundantly available from many places for a fair price.
Someone with more knowledge should chime in shortly.

Last edited:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My latch on the starboard side has broken 4 times.....I am tired of F****** with it. Thinking of trying these. They look thin enough and reviews seem to indicate they are more than strong enough. Plus they are stainless steel so there should be no issue with corrosion.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is that for the back rest on the swim platform for the 242”s?

if so there is a thread around here somewhere because there are a few option as I believe that latch is also used in refrigerators and it is abundantly available from many places for a fair price.
Someone with more knowledge should chime in shortly.
Welcome...Here are a couple of threads discussing the latch. https://jetboaters.net/threads/swim-platform-stern-storage-door-seat-back-latching-mechanism.16289/#post-279802 and the predecessor https://jetboaters.net/threads/broken-latch-wet-compartment-door-cushion-2016-ar240.14141/

Last edited:

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My latch on the starboard side has broken 4 times.....I am tired of F****** with it. Thinking of trying these. They look thin enough and reviews seem to indicate they are more than strong enough. Plus they are stainless steel so there should be no issue with corrosion.

I’ve been thinking of using magnet as well.
Any idea how you’d mount the cushion side?

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I havnt installed them yet, but I think small screws with some sealant/adhesive should work. Probably be a couple of weeks before I am able to get the time to look at it.