• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Backyard Pizza

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wife bought something else on black Friday. An Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven. The weather here has been frightful. So we moved the oven into an empty bay of the garage to try some pizza this weekend.

93E8C919-8856-464F-8B78-1BF200187A81.jpeg

44C756C4-F11F-42E1-9F83-A02C678B5C40.jpeg
39158763-0535-41ED-9315-66145CE9C14A.jpeg
20231211_151342.jpg0F01A171-3A73-449B-A60A-0877D15FA762.jpeg
Still learning the process.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still learning the process.
obviously, there's not a chunk of pineapple on either one of those pies !

:jawdrop: Ya, I said it,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
actually, how'd they taste ? did you make the dough ?

I've been thinking of getting my wife one for Christmas (because you know, we have so much empty cabinet space for another kitchen item )

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
obviously, there's not a chunk of pineapple on either one of those pies !

:jawdrop: Ya, I said it,
Heresy, to her. Lol. Dislikes pineapple on pizza.

They were good. She made dough and bought some beer battered dough. I believe the pictures are of the purchased dough she used on Monday for lunch. Homemade dough was used on my birthday, Sunday night, no pics.

Still playing with temps. and turning/rotating frequency. They cook quickly.

It is bigger than a kitchen appliance, you will want to use this on the patio.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have a Ooni Fyra 12 going on about 3 yrs now. Here's my take on Oonis...they make good wood fired pizzas for the cost/ease-of-use factor.

I went with the pellet fired one since I have a pellet smoker, so already have plenty of fuel. I don't have any propane stuff (switch to NG and won't go back) so stayed away from those options. The Fyra version does fine, the biggest issue is getting the stone bottom hot for making a crust bottom cooked/crispy. Maybe the gas ones do better there, would be curious if that makes them more consistent from pie to pie and keeping the heat up. I typically have to wait a few mins between bakes and watch the flame more closely but that's part of the fun too.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The propane burners on two sides heat up quickly. She/we are still experimenting with temps and times. A lazer thermometer is used to temp the stone. The first few bottoms were doughy while the edges would cook quick. The last couple she has temped the stone to about 800°, put the pizza in and turn it down so the bottom crisps up without over doing the edges. Turn frequently.

We debated on getting a wood/dual fuel fired version, but I felt burning 15 cords+ for the house was enough and opted for quick on/quick off propane only.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wife made this one last night. It was really good. Pay no attention to the ripe bananas, lol.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice looking pizza! Sometimes I wish I went with propane for ease of setup, I like my coal/wood fired one, but its a pain to keep in the sweet spot and makes it a little more of a hassle than I'd like it to be.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice looking pizza! Sometimes I wish I went with propane for ease of setup, I like my coal/wood fired one, but its a pain to keep in the sweet spot and makes it a little more of a hassle than I'd like it to be.
Best/biggest one yet of the half dozen or so she has made. We talked about dual fuel and decided propane was easy on/off and helps her control the temps as she learns.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ohhhhh I love me some homemade pizza. I've been debating getting one of those, but it's either insanely hot here, or cold and dark. When it's hot the mosquitoes are gnarly and don't really want to deal with a 900* oven. It has taken me about 3-4 years to perfect my dough to where it tastes good. I struggled for years until the last probably 6 months to get a great tasting dough, regardless what I did. It would taste decent but basically as good as the best frozen pizza you could find. Finally talking to a buddy of mine who also was into making pizza and he asked if I had tried honey. HONEY!?!?! Seriously?!? That was IT the missing piece!!! I changed nothing else and I now prefer my pizza over any restaurant pizza. Unless you use like 2 tablespoons or more you really can't taste the honey. It must be the type of sugar, cause I've also tried sugar in my dough with little success, cause it really was a game changer. Even changed the color of the dough when cooked. Blew my mind!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We were supposed to be going out of town tomorrow, so didn't want a big Christmas day dinner. Well it was going to rain the whole rest of the week where we were going so we cancelled the trip. My in laws came over and I made a couple of pizzas for everyone. This is hands down my favorite so I cooked it last for me when I finally was able to sit down and eat. Pepperoni with Neese's sausage and jalapeno.
20231225_182218.jpg

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Breadmakers usually come with a few simple pizza dough recipes, and they're really easy, tasty, and cheap.