• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ballast bags for 192

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What suggestions do you all have for ballast bags for a 192?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use a Fly High 750 lb fat sac on the surf side but I'm ordering about another 800-1000 lbs or so in order to hopefully go ropeless. Maybe @Bill D will let me try some of his bags first before committing to see what's possible! :D wink wink

My avatar is of my wake. Here's a thread showing pics and vids of 750 lbs on my 192 https://jetboaters.net/threads/we-surfed-and-wiped-out-on-my-192.11133/.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anytime! Let's get that swim deck under water. :rolleyes:

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haknslash I wouldn't have guessed only a single 750# sack would produce some good shape like that, way to go! I watched your videos and I read that you were going 11-12mph, did it seem a little fast for the wake? I've surfed many times behind both Moomba and supra and we are at around 9.5mph. Obviously different boats but curious what slowing down would produce for you (I'm sure you have already tried).

This may actually inspire me to buy the sack and a board now, oh and a new board holder... shoot. I'll wait until after I get my new cone installed though.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anytime! Let's get that swim deck under water. :rolleyes:
Looks like rain this weekend so maybe when yall get back from Bimini? U should surf in the Bahamas!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash I wouldn't have guessed only a single 750# sack would produce some good shape like that, way to go! I watched your videos and I read that you were going 11-12mph, did it seem a little fast for the wake? I've surfed many times behind both Moomba and supra and we are at around 9.5mph. Obviously different boats but curious what slowing down would produce for you (I'm sure you have already tried).

This may actually inspire me to buy the sack and a board now, oh and a new board holder... shoot. I'll wait until after I get my new cone installed though.
It was our first time trying it that day and yea the speed was a bit too high. I've played around with speeds since then and around 10.5 showed pretty good but I need more ballast. I also put the bag long ways on the bench seat surf side instead of across the back and near surf side like the first time and it seems to help better. Anything in the 9 mph range didn't let the pocket stretch out further from the boat. I think we can get there! The single engines don't throw a bunch of wash so once you list them on the side they start to shape up nicely. Just need more weight and displacement for a stronger push for my big butt :D

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know what you come up with, I have read though that 800# or so is about the max that the 192 can withstand and still pull up the rider. Again, this may change a bit after I get the new pump cone installed for some more thrust and minimized cavitation.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not sure if @swatski had the Lucky 13 cone or not when he loaded up his 190 with 1800 lbs. so not sure where the cavitation limit is with a 192. I've had 750 lb bag + 2 adults good for another 300 lbs and didn't have issues. Heck I think I was able to still drive 45 mph with it filled :D

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@paratrooper39 if you make it to Shelbyville this year I have enough non permanent bags to where we could get your boat dialed in without you spending any money until you know what you need. I have a 750 fat sac and 2 550 bags. I think we could do something with 1850 pounds of ballast. LOL

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got some 2,900 lbs of non-permanent bags you're welcome to play with too. :winkingthumbsup"

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'll have my 1850 lbs worth of portable bags with me too.... if my math is correct, we can put 6600 lbs in someone's boat...:drowning:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
6,600 lbs would be a sight to see :eek: :D!!! The boat could pull it though! I once tried to rip a massive log stuck in the skeg underneath a ballasted Ski Nautique G23 and was surprised at how well the 192 pulled :D

6HKBVlw.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll have my 1850 lbs worth of portable bags with me too.... if my math is correct, we can put 6600 lbs in someone's boat...:drowning:
Yours first Dave!! lol

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really hate I'm gonna miss you guys at Shelbyville. I would for sure be making the trip up along with @Bill D if it weren't for my vacation at the beach during the same week. I wanna see y'all dang near swamp a boat with ballast :)

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have 800 in my FSH and can go rope less still playing with it I'm real close to the boat ropeless

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are a lot more factors involved with someone going ropeless.......it just doesn't happen. Rider skill, type of board, and wave size all have factors involved. Stay at it and you will get it.