• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff Ballast Pump Jumper Cable

Book'm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
This is mainly for the 2016 - 2018 242xe it could possibly fit other models or be updated as I get more info on the different configurations .

It works for the 212X see lower price listed below

• Over ride and power up the pumps to drain the water if the timers get out of sync
  • Fill the bags to the max then re-calibrate the empty timer cycle for max filling capacity
  • Winterize the pumps by sucking in non toxic anti-freeze then discharging it so the fittings don't burst
  • Check the pumps operation to trouble shoot a faulty pump
  • Fresh water flush out if the boat is going to sit you can flush out the corrosive salt water for longer pump life
  • Easy to pump out residual water that may be in the bag
  • If your lake requires ballast to be flushed for cross contamination this will make it easier
Using this cable you need to be careful not to put any more then a small amount of water into the bags when the stock system cycles on it fills based on the timer and could rupture something.

This project was created by my 14 year old son all proceeds go to his sailboat fund . He likes the power of the wind I like the power of the jet drive

Price for the cable is $35.00 + $12.00 shipping to the lower 48. Includes more detailed directions for optimal operation

Price for the 212X model $25.00 + $12.oo shipping

First six that sell get free wing bolts for the sound bar see them in my mods

https://jetboaters.net/threads/2017-yamaha-242xe-mods.19753/

View attachment 83415

View attachment 83416
I am interested if cables are still available for a 2017 Yamaha 212X

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes just need to assemble a few over the weekend. I will let you know when they are ready to ship

Fatdaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is mainly for the 2016 - 2018 242xe it could possibly fit other models or be updated as I get more info on the different configurations .

It works for the 212X see lower price listed below

• Over ride and power up the pumps to drain the water if the timers get out of sync
  • Fill the bags to the max then re-calibrate the empty timer cycle for max filling capacity
  • Winterize the pumps by sucking in non toxic anti-freeze then discharging it so the fittings don't burst
  • Check the pumps operation to trouble shoot a faulty pump
  • Fresh water flush out if the boat is going to sit you can flush out the corrosive salt water for longer pump life
  • Easy to pump out residual water that may be in the bag
  • If your lake requires ballast to be flushed for cross contamination this will make it easier
Using this cable you need to be careful not to put any more then a small amount of water into the bags when the stock system cycles on it fills based on the timer and could rupture something.

This project was created by my 14 year old son all proceeds go to his sailboat fund . He likes the power of the wind I like the power of the jet drive

Price for the cable is $35.00 + $12.00 shipping to the lower 48. Includes more detailed directions for optimal operation

Price for the 212X model $25.00 + $12.oo shipping

First six that sell get free wing bolts for the sound bar see them in my mods

https://jetboaters.net/threads/2017-yamaha-242xe-mods.19753/

View attachment 83415

View attachment 83416
I would love to order one of these for a 2019 242x ... where do I go to do that? Thanks to your son!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
sent you the payment info

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Cambo - are you still selling these? I'm having trouble with my 2019 242x, couldn't get starboard bag to fill this weekend, so very frustrating!

Diybrad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am interested as well. I just tried to use the ballast for the first time on my 2020 242x and they are 100% empty but connect says they are 100% full.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sending payment info in pm

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2020 212x that constantly gives me the seacock obstruction error......would this help with that? Anyone got any pics of how these hook up. I'm curious.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2020 212x that constantly gives me the seacock obstruction error......would this help with that? Anyone got any pics of how these hook up. I'm curious.
The way they work is by disconnecting the plug from the factory harness you plug the cable directly into the ballast pump connector . The clamp ends of the cable get hooked to the battery terminals depending on what pump and boat model the pump will spin to either fill or empty the ballast bag based on the polarity of the clamps. Labels and general directions are supplied to help eliminate any confusion of how each pump operates . So if your on the water and get seacock obstruction you can jump power to the pump and watch the bag fill or empty . You could potentially have a real obstruction but you need to watch the bag or listen to see if the water is flowing . If it’s not flowing you can use the cable to trouble shoot the system on land with hoses and buckets of water . In post #19 I use a bucket and hose to winterize the bags . Oh that’s a bad word for the northern boaters :eek:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The way they work is by disconnecting the plug from the factory harness you plug the cable directly into the ballast pump connector . The clamp ends of the cable get hooked to the battery terminals depending on what pump and boat model the pump will spin to either fill or empty the ballast bag based on the polarity of the clamps. Labels and general directions are supplied to help eliminate any confusion of how each pump operates . So if your on the water and get seacock obstruction you can jump power to the pump and watch the bag fill or empty . You could potentially have a real obstruction but you need to watch the bag or listen to see if the water is flowing . If it’s not flowing you can use the cable to trouble shoot the system on land with hoses and buckets of water . In post #19 I use a bucket and hose to winterize the bags . Oh that’s a bad word for the northern boaters :eek:
AHHHHHHHH that makes sense. Thanks, for that! I think in the off season I'm going to have to take a closer look at the seacock obstruction. Pretty sure the bag is folding over itself and causes a little suction. Not a lot, but enough to trip the system.

Diybrad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just sent PayPal. I will let you know if it doesn’t work in a 2020.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Payment received thank you . Should be good but let me know it will be mailed this week with general directions and labels for the pumps

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes I will pm payment details

Sarconen10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
@Cambo do you know if the connector on your cable works for the 2021 ballast pumps as well? Looking to use the jumper for emergency use as a backup bilge pump as well as for troubleshooting pumps/flushing bags. How long is the included cable? Will it be long enough to reach the ski locker pump to the batteries? If so, can you PM me payment details as well. Thanks!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat .I was hoping to get in a friends 25 foot boat to try it out but he was leaving it at the dealer until the water warms up . If you take pictures of the pumps and connectors it will give me an idea of how it operates and the compatibility of all the parts I have in stock . If it didnt work you could return it for a refund . Send some pictures

Sarconen10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I will take pictures of the pumps and connectors as soon as i get the boat back. Unfortunately i had to bring the boat back to the dealer the day after i put it in the water for the first time for several issues (6 inches of water in the ski locker after going through a no wake zone being one of them.) This is the reason i want the ability to use the ballast pumps as a backup bilge pump. Its easy peace of mind to pump out a lot of water pretty quickly if something major went wrong. The ballast pump hoses have quick disconnects on the tank/bag side of the pump that as long as you tank/bag is empty, you can disconnect the hose and use the pump to get rid of any water in the ski locker or bilge pretty quickly. This as well as all the other uses that @Cambo posted in the first post make this cable very useful to anyone with ballast pumps in their boat.

Sarconen10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
@Cambo I didn’t get a good up close picture of the connector but it’s definitely a two wire and I looks to be female. I can get a better picture tonight. If you think this will work, send me the payment info and I’ll buy one from you. Thanks!

Attachments

Spanky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’d like one also, if it will work for a 2020 212x.