• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff Ballast Pump Jumper Cable

USKBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Could you please PM info to me for a 2019 212x? Thanks.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 2018 242X is plagued with ballast issues and Yamaha can’t get it fixed and says the part I need is on backorder for over a year. They installed 3 new pumps but now says that’s not the problem that I need a new “Switch Control”. Of course this part is on backorder for who knows how many years because of “Covid” the dealer says. I’m looking for a way to be able to get our family surfing ropeless this summer. Could this or anything else you have for sale help me get our ballast system finally working? Thanks!!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You can get this to control the pumps but will need to watch as they fill due to not having overflow drains

Yamaha switch controller kit for stock ballast pumps | Jet Boaters Community Forum

or use the pump jumper cable and have to plug into what pump you want to run to fill or empty. The switch controller was designed for your exact issue failed switch control not under warranty they are about $650 and don't even work that great to begin with

let me know if your interested I can send pay pal info

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So the $47 jumper cables system will get me working again? Just connect to battery clip it into the pump and then go to connext screen and hit fill? Then drain on screen at the end? Or you don’t even use connext? If not how do you drain? Thanks!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The pump jumper cable gets hooked from the battery to an individual pump to either fill or empty that pump. The polarity is changed to energize the pump to fill or empty Connext is not used.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you’re using Jabsco water puppy pumps you can buy the harnesses, switches etc from Wakemakers Wire, switches, connectors and electrical accessories for installing ballast systems
Yes you can but there is more to the system its not quite that easy Im not going to get into the exact details of why. Then you have the expense since they don’t make a boat specific kit Your buying oversized cables and they use good marine wire same with the kit that I sell, that wire is not cheap. My system is plug and play and costs less then if you buy all the parts separate its also boat specific. The 242 and 212 require different kits.

The other issue that happens if the timer is having an issue it throws a code and disables the speed control . The speed control is a critical part of water sports.

@haknslash From memory you set up a complete after market kit when you had your yamaha correct? To do this you need very good electrical and mechanical skills that you most likely have.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes you can but there is more to the system its not quite that easy Im not going to get into the exact details of why. Then you have the expense since they don’t make a boat specific kit Your buying oversized cables and they use good marine wire same with the kit that I sell, that wire is not cheap. My system is plug and play and costs less then if you buy all the parts separate its also boat specific. The 242 and 212 require different kits.

The other issue that happens if the timer is having an issue it throws a code and disables the speed control . The speed control is a critical part of water sports.

@haknslash From memory you set up a complete after market kit when you had your yamaha correct? To do this you need very good electrical and mechanical skills that you most likely have.
He had created a new thread asking for help to get something setup since his stock wiring or Connext etc is not working https://jetboaters.net/threads/2018-242x-ballast-system-not-working-need-help-advice.36717/. He included a link to this thread where I see he’s basically asking for the same kind of help or info. His dealer and Yamaha are jerking him around so I was offering a way to by-pass whatever Yamaha has done. I didn’t know you sold kits or whatever. I did not read this thread but rather came here from his link in the other thread. I don’t care where he gets his stuff or anything. Just saying he can by-pass Yamaha’s stuff if he wants to actually use the ballast system on his boat. I didn’t even realize this thread was in the classifieds and it’s your ad to sell stuff lol. Apologies, I’ve deleted my post and carry on.

Last edited:

DomMiller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Cambo id like to purchase the cables! Please shoot over your info for payment and details on shipping / timing. Thank you!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Dom what model boat

Rich Berkoski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Cambo I’d like a set if still available. 2016 242XE.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sending pm

Lightning65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sending pm

I'd like to order one... I am having trouble with my center ballast bag. This is a new boat for me and I have warranty, but I'd like this on hand for any future issues...

2020 242X

please send me info on how to purchase.
Thanks

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is the center bag filling with water ? sending PM about payment info

Lightning65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2 trips ago, the center bag filled about 50% and would not do anything else… I ended up draining it manually in the bilge. Last trip it would not fill or do anything… I have not tried to diagnose yet. I’m a newbie to jet boats and anything to do with surfing. (Although a long time boater/owner. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The center bag has a tendency to fill on its own from a siphon effect due to that one being at the lowest point.You can also fill them to the max using the cable the auto fill empty is a great idea but there are to many variables that dont let the bags fill or empty all the way. If you plan to surf this site is loaded with info needed to get a good surf wave enjoy the boat they are great.

CLBeerbower

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Can I I would like to order one of your jumpers for my 2021 212xe. Can you please pm me the instructions? Thanks.

MeadMan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cambo,

I’d like to order a cable for 2018 242x. Center bag filling, having to manually drain occasionally. Thanks so much!

Sean_D

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Cambo

I’d like to order one for my 2019 212x. Center bag isn’t draining all the way and now overflowing. If I understand this correctly, when the boat is off if I hook this up it can drain it all the way?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes this will allow you to fill or empty any of the ballast tanks with the motor off. I will pm you the payment details