• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Banned foods

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What foods are banned on your boats? I’ve banned PB&J (really the J), red Gatorade, and ketchup.

Am I crazy? What else is a PITA to clean up? I like a tidy boat!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Others have banned Cheetos and Doritos. But I can't ban Doritos on my boat--I would not be able to go on it... that would be bad.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No banned foods - and shoes are OK. I have a center console; it's ready for fish blood, Little Tybee Island black silt and etc.

Oh - it is spotless after nearly 3 years.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lot of people won’t allow shoes worn on the boat, sunscreen to be applied or sprayed as they stain seats. Lots also won’t allow towels or bathing suits that are new as the dye in the fabric on a new suit will bleed into the seat cushions. I try to be somewhat careful about all of the stuff but not too overly anal. I had a red wine stain once on one of the seats also so red wine is a no go for me anymore. Although the sun took care of the stain over the years.

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anything with artificial red food coloring.

Cheez-Its (and similar crackers made from formed and baked slurry). They are the WORST to clean out of your vinyl seams and other cracks & crevices when they and/or their crumbs get wet.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cheetos, Taki's, Black Magic Marker for marking sandwich bags, Red Wine, (white is fine), lipstick... so far.

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cheetos, Taki's, Black Magic Marker for marking sandwich bags, Red Wine, (white is fine), lipstick... so far.
My SIL somehow spills everything. Food, drink, whatever. Doesn't matter if she's sitting or standing. Stationary in a house or in a car.

She had a glass of sangria on my boat a couple of weekends ago. No rocking, nothing. Just sprayed the shit all over the inside and outside of the boat. I was pissed. She wasn't allowed to have that beverage anymore.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make her a Slushie with white wine, use a mix and throw it in a gallon Ziplock in the freezer. Typically, get a 1 gallon zip lock bag, a bottle of 12%+ very white sweet wine, buy the mix kit and throw it all in the ziplock bag with an extra bottle full of water. That is it. Let it freeze overnight. Put it in the cooler the day of boating you will be a hero by epic proportions and you have protected your boat. We had to start carrying a second cooler for the 4 or 5 bags of slushie's I bring for everyone.

If you really want to tune it up, instead of the full wine bottle of water, go half water and half vodka. That should do it.

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Make her a Slushie with white wine, use a mix and throw it in a gallon Ziplock in the freezer. Typically, get a 1 gallon zip lock bag, a bottle of 12%+ very white sweet wine, buy the mix kit and throw it all in the ziplock bag with an extra bottle full of water. That is it. Let it freeze overnight. Put it in the cooler the day of boating you will be a hero by epic proportions and you have protected your boat. We had to start carrying a second cooler for the 4 or 5 bags of slushie's I bring for everyone.

If you really want to tune it up, instead of the full wine bottle of water, go half water and half vodka. That should do it.
Oh god. No no. She doesn't need help getting even sloppier. haha.

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My SIL somehow spills everything. Food, drink, whatever. Doesn't matter if she's sitting or standing. Stationary in a house or in a car.

She had a glass of sangria on my boat a couple of weekends ago. No rocking, nothing. Just sprayed the shit all over the inside and outside of the boat. I was pissed. She wasn't allowed to have that beverage anymore.
thats SILs for you...

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bananas..... No Banana's!

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just tell people if you got messy food eat it on the swim deck. Sunscreen gets applied back there as well. The shoe thing pisses me off, mainly because the bottom of your shoes get in some nasty stuff. I don’t want grossness in the boat where everyone is going to be walking barefoot and sitting/laying down with minimal clothing.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't really ban anything, just nothing messy (red wine, cheetos, etc) while underway.

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bananas..... No Banana's!
i didn’t know about this until I went on an unsuccessful deep sea fishing trip. On the way back my friend pulled a banana out of his cooler and started to eat it. The captain about threw him in the gulf!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do Banana's do? Stain?

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do Banana's do? Stain?
I would post a link, but there’s too many to choose from. Do a quick google search on “bringing a banana on a boat.” There are a bunch of theories about how it started, but it’s been a maritime thing for 200-300 years. I didn’t learn of it until ~2018.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Sounds like she needs an adult sippy cup, Tervis, Yeti, or the like. ;)

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
i didn’t know about this until I went on an unsuccessful deep sea fishing trip. On the way back my friend pulled a banana out of his cooler and started to eat it. The captain about threw him in the gulf!
I was talking to my mother last year and she says

"are you crazy for bringing bananas on a boat?"
"what the hell is wrong with bananas?"
"they are bad luck on a boat"
"where the hell do you come up with this crap?"

It was the 1st time I heard of it and i'm amazed how many people believe this lol

I've brought curry chicken on the boat and I tell everyone to be careful and eat at the table. Curry has turmuric and that stuff has turned all my plastic cookware yellow. I'm not about to test what happens on my boat.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just kept it simple. We supplied the food , so we choose what we wanted on the boat.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't ban foods/drinks/shoes, I just ban the people who wear shoes or stain my boat with food/drink they spill while on the boat.