• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Banned foods

Rockfords Fosgate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All foods are allowed, but I do not put the oil/vinegar dressing on the Publix subs...which happen to be the very best boat food.

Aerosol sunscreen is not allowed.

Edit: no glass bottles, usually.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No glass bottles, nothing red and generally, nothing the ends in the letter 'O'... Cheetos, Doritos, Taco's, Oreo's etc.

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...oil/vinegar dressing on the Publix subs...which happen to be the very best boat food.
subs are great boat food! I’m thinking of getting a “subsafe” for my cooler but I can’t justify $25 for a plastic tube. Gallon baggies are dirt cheap.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was talking to my mother last year and she says

"are you crazy for bringing bananas on a boat?"
"what the hell is wrong with bananas?"
"they are bad luck on a boat"
"where the hell do you come up with this crap?"

It was the 1st time I heard of it and i'm amazed how many people believe this lol

I've brought curry chicken on the boat and I tell everyone to be careful and eat at the table. Curry has turmuric and that stuff has turned all my plastic cookware yellow. I'm not about to test what happens on my boat.
I never heard of this! So in the movie Life of Pi there's a scene after a ship wreck of an orangutan floating on a bunch of bananas....I wonder if that's related..

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What foods are banned on your boats? I’ve banned PB&J (really the J), red Gatorade, and ketchup.

Am I crazy? What else is a PITA to clean up? I like a tidy boat!

I have gone through phases and learned certain things.

1. People are what is most important. Have a good time. When you get upset about "something" it affects others.
2. Trying to keep something perfect is futile. It can't be done. Something will get scarred. You will get upset, and you will affect others...
3. Stains fade. Weird but true. I've had Sharpie marker, bathing suit dyes, suntan lotion stains, etc, all disappear. The sun is a powerful tool.
4. Tears / Rips in upholstery aren't as easy to overlook, but refer to #1. You aint taking your boat to the grave.

Maintain it without being mean and she will take care of you for a long time.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

1. People are what is most important. Have a good time. When you get upset about "something" it affects others.
2. Trying to keep something perfect is futile. It can't be done. Something will get scarred. You will get upset, and you will affect others...
3. Stains fade. Weird but true. I've had Sharpie marker, bathing suit dyes, suntan lotion stains, etc, all disappear. The sun is a powerful tool.
4. Tears / Rips in upholstery aren't as easy to overlook, but refer to #1. You aint taking your boat to the grave.

This is called maturity. ;)

No bans on my boat (except Wal-Mart bags). It's survived 4 kids - and like @tdonoughue mentioned, a boat without Doritos and/or Cheetos is a boat I don't want to be on.

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

well said. You’re right. Can’t let a clean boat get in the way of a fun boat. That’s it’s primary mission.

I shouldn’t say banned, but when I pack the cooler I think about what’s going to stain. It’s not like we are frisking people before the board for ketchup packets.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is more of a nuisance than actually doing damage, but, fried chicken is strictly prohibited. Got a bucket of it once and there were greasy hand prints literally everywhere. I cook bacon on my grill without spilling grease, but for some reason people can’t help but grab everything with their greasy fried chicken hands...