• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Banned foods

All foods are allowed, but I do not put the oil/vinegar dressing on the Publix subs...which happen to be the very best boat food.

Aerosol sunscreen is not allowed.

Edit: no glass bottles, usually.

No glass bottles, nothing red and generally, nothing the ends in the letter 'O'... Cheetos, Doritos, Taco's, Oreo's etc.

...oil/vinegar dressing on the Publix subs...which happen to be the very best boat food.

subs are great boat food! I’m thinking of getting a “subsafe” for my cooler but I can’t justify $25 for a plastic tube. Gallon baggies are dirt cheap.

I was talking to my mother last year and she says

"are you crazy for bringing bananas on a boat?"
"what the hell is wrong with bananas?"
"they are bad luck on a boat"
"where the hell do you come up with this crap?"

It was the 1st time I heard of it and i'm amazed how many people believe this lol

I've brought curry chicken on the boat and I tell everyone to be careful and eat at the table. Curry has turmuric and that stuff has turned all my plastic cookware yellow. I'm not about to test what happens on my boat.
I never heard of this! So in the movie Life of Pi there's a scene after a ship wreck of an orangutan floating on a bunch of bananas....I wonder if that's related..

What foods are banned on your boats? I’ve banned PB&J (really the J), red Gatorade, and ketchup.

Am I crazy? What else is a PITA to clean up? I like a tidy boat!

I have gone through phases and learned certain things.

1. People are what is most important. Have a good time. When you get upset about "something" it affects others.
2. Trying to keep something perfect is futile. It can't be done. Something will get scarred. You will get upset, and you will affect others...
3. Stains fade. Weird but true. I've had Sharpie marker, bathing suit dyes, suntan lotion stains, etc, all disappear. The sun is a powerful tool.
4. Tears / Rips in upholstery aren't as easy to overlook, but refer to #1. You aint taking your boat to the grave.

Maintain it without being mean and she will take care of you for a long time.

1. People are what is most important. Have a good time. When you get upset about "something" it affects others.
2. Trying to keep something perfect is futile. It can't be done. Something will get scarred. You will get upset, and you will affect others...
3. Stains fade. Weird but true. I've had Sharpie marker, bathing suit dyes, suntan lotion stains, etc, all disappear. The sun is a powerful tool.
4. Tears / Rips in upholstery aren't as easy to overlook, but refer to #1. You aint taking your boat to the grave.

This is called maturity. ;)

No bans on my boat (except Wal-Mart bags). It's survived 4 kids - and like @tdonoughue mentioned, a boat without Doritos and/or Cheetos is a boat I don't want to be on.

well said. You’re right. Can’t let a clean boat get in the way of a fun boat. That’s it’s primary mission.

I shouldn’t say banned, but when I pack the cooler I think about what’s going to stain. It’s not like we are frisking people before the board for ketchup packets.

This is more of a nuisance than actually doing damage, but, fried chicken is strictly prohibited. Got a bucket of it once and there were greasy hand prints literally everywhere. I cook bacon on my grill without spilling grease, but for some reason people can’t help but grab everything with their greasy fried chicken hands...

Back