• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Help on hook up

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hooking up batteries for the first time so bare with me. Is there a wire I am missing that jumps the two positives together? Thanks I am on the boat in the driveway now.
image.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can't help you with your hook up but I will suggest you buy some red phase tape and clearly identify the positives to prevent mixing wires.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The positives don't get jumped together. One goes to the house switch, one goes to the start. The emergency parallel switch would act as the jumper if you turned it on. The negatives should be tied together however.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Bill D I am at autozone now .... Saved me $6.99 thank you.....

@buckbuck you are correct, I will be labeling these wires.

Thanks fellas

Hilldale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw this and just the help I need. First time hooking up my battery cables - got my boat back from the dealer after winterizing. I have a 2017 Yamaha 242 Limited S. Can someone post a picture of what the hookup should look like. The picture above is not as clear with Positive and negative cables. There is also a stray black cable that looks like it should connect the 2 batteries by the negative terminals. Then it looks like there is a ground - not sure where this gets hooked to.
Appreciate a picture if possible.
Thanks

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2433DE9A-E74C-445A-B232-6DB72305A369.jpeg C93DAB8D-6E68-4487-A5DD-6F90A4A463FA.jpeg
This is on my 2016 242x

Hilldale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks, I appreciate this. It looks like the ground is connected to the main starting battery as opposed to the auxiliary battery. And Now I see confirmed that the doubled end black cable just connects the negative on each battery.
This is very helpful.
Amazing that I called the Dealership where I purchased the Boat and they could not send me a picture?
Thanks Again.