• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery jumpstarter

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure if you guys are familiar with these, but these little guys are badass. I've seen them jumpstart full size diesel trucks. And, this is the best price I've seen on them. I just bought an extra to keep on the boat. Super portable, and will charge almost anything also.

http://www.tooltopia.com/rockford-8005.aspx

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to get one of those, I always take my big jump pack/air compressor thing that weighs about 20lbs on the boat.

My father in law had one and talked about how great it is, his was about 4"x6", he acted like he was getting one for Christmas (this all happened Christmas week). I even saw a bag the next day that had a new one in it....it wasn't for me:-/

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any idea the shelf life on these small units?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not really. I do know they started popping up on the tool trucks probably 9? months ago (all various rebranded rockford units). Guy at the shop bought one then (for $150!). It sat left alone for about 5 months and he jumped a car with it no problem. Don't think they've been around enough for any long term testing, but at this price, I finally took the plunge. Even if it only lasts a couple years, thats worth the $70 and there will probably be something even better out by then.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool! I just ordered 4, one per car and one for the boat.., ill move the boat one to the Rhino for the winter.

Last edited:

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used my Rockford jumpstarter this weekend to help one of my neighbors.. thier Lexus was dead.. simple hook up and crank.. AWESOME Product..

here is a video of it cranking my F150 with no battery connected..

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not really. I do know they started popping up on the tool trucks probably 9? months ago (all various rebranded rockford units). Guy at the shop bought one then (for $150!). It sat left alone for about 5 months and he jumped a car with it no problem. Don't think they've been around enough for any long term testing, but at this price, I finally took the plunge. Even if it only lasts a couple years, thats worth the $70 and there will probably be something even better out by then.
I want one now !! So do you have to charge the unit ?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want one now !! So do you have to charge the unit ?
yes you plug the Lithium battery unit into the wall with a supplied wall charger until it is full (5 leds on the side) and then it supposedly stores in a full charge state for up to 6 months.. I figure I will charge mine at every oil change.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
yes you plug the Lithium battery unit into the wall with a supplied wall charger until it is full (5 leds on the side) and then it supposedly stores in a full charge state for up to 6 months.. I figure I will charge mine at every oil change.
Easy enough ! Sold me ! Lol

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Has online here used this brand of Jump Charger? Suzuki has added them to their parts and accessories catalog this year. I am not very familiar but the Suzuki factory engineers swear by them. I am planning on doing a large order for all of my vehicles in the next few weeks. If you guys feel it is worth a group buy let me know.

Mike

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has online here used this brand of Jump Charger? Suzuki has added them to their parts and accessories catalog this year. I am not very familiar but the Suzuki factory engineers swear by them. I am planning on doing a large order for all of my vehicles in the next few weeks. If you guys feel it is worth a group buy let me know.

Mike
I'm in for a group buy as long as I can get it before I go to Bimini in July.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Dave,

Nice. Like you said I hope you never need it but it is there just in case. I have a few full size jump boxes and one is in my truck all the time. I have not thad to use it on my truck yet, but I have helped a lot of people in parking lots looking for a jump.

Mike