• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery jumpstarter

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Forget the jump packs, those are some nice trucks! :thumbsup:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is the life expectancy of the battery? What's the replacement cost?

I know the larger heavier jump packs last 6 or so years and cost around $50 to replace the batteries.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
This is supposed to be good for 1000 charge cycles and will hold a charge for 3-6 months according to the handbook.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is supposed to be good for 1000 charge cycles and will hold a charge for 3-6 months according to the handbook.
Thanks, these are the lab stats. I wonder how they stand up to real world use.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it last 3 years at 69 bucks i will buy a new one every three years just for the insurance. My wife stranded in a parking lot and me 30 miles away much less 300 is worth $20 a year. Bonus if it last longer.

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Guys,

I will get the price for the group by today. I an sorry I did not do it yesterday we had 5 audio system installs and 4 new motors going on boats in one day.

If you think it is worth it we can move forward. I will also talk to Bruce / Andy about giving / raffling one of these away at the captains meeting at Bahia Mar. It is a gift from us at International Marine for allowing us to interact with such a great group of people. I have only been here a short time and you all really make new guys feel welcome. Thank you for that.

Mike

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Raffle items are always appreciated!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guys,

I will get the price for the group by today. I an sorry I did not do it yesterday we had 5 audio system installs and 4 new motors going on boats in one day.

If you think it is worth it we can move forward. I will also talk to Bruce / Andy about giving / raffling one of these away at the captains meeting at Bahia Mar. It is a gift from us at International Marine for allowing us to interact with such a great group of people. I have only been here a short time and you all really make new guys feel welcome. Thank you for that.

Mike
Extremely nice gesture and someone is going to be very happy to get one at the Bimini Fling captain's meeting. Maybe this will entice a few more to join this years trip, @justason does this help you to change your mind?

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
OK guys I got the price for the unit. This is my dead cost for the members here. It is $115.00 and the cost on the site is $160.00 so I think this is a good deal. Here is the one I am speaking of:

http://www.geniuschargers.com/Boost/

If you think this is something you would like I will get it up on our website and post up a discount code for members here.

Mike

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
That is a good deal. Thanks for working it. I just rec'd the one I ordered from Amazon - tempted to send it back but it would be a wash after shipping.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is a good deal. Thanks for working it. I just rec'd the one I ordered from Amazon - tempted to send it back but it would be a wash after shipping.
They are $116.10 on Amazon (shipped Prime).

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the effort, but I'll stick with the one I found on Amazon- Antigravity- that I posted. It has more power, more features and will charge my laptop - that's important to me. Not many will charge a laptop. And it cost $93.95 Free Shipping for Prime Members

Antigravity_.jpg

Specs on the Antigravity:
4 power ports:
Jump Start Port (comes with set of mini jumper clamps)
19V Laptop Port (comes with 8 charger tips to fit most laptops)
12V (8amp) Accessories Port (comes with 2 tips to fit most 12V accessories)
USB 5V port (comes with 6 USB charger tips to fit most any USB powered devices)
Starting Current: 200 Amp (400A peak current)
12000mAh @ 3.3V
Size: 6in. x 2 7/8in. x 1in. (149mm x 73mm x 24mm)
Weight: 14 oz. (400gr)
Output: 5V-2A (USB port)
Input: 12V-1A (comes with mobile and wall chargers)

Specs on the NOCO Genius Boost GB30:
Internal Battery: Lithium Ion
Peak Current Rating:400A (doesn't state starting current)
6300mAh at 3.8 volts
Size: 6.7 x 3.2 x 1.7 Inches
Operating Temperature: -30°C (-22ºF) to +50°C(122ºF)
Micro USB (Input):-5V, 2.1A
1 power port:
Weight: 1lb (2.1lb w/clamps)
Output: USB :5V, 2.1A
Input:12V 2.1A USB Charger

By the way, if you want something like this and are on a budget, I stumbled across this:
http://www.amazon.com/Hot-sale-15000mAH-2013-Jump/dp/B00GX4Y9AY/ref=pd_sim_263_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RCRJJSAR73FBPZ3TJQA

Not bad at all for $54.99!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Anti Gravity is my plan in lieu of a secon hlouse battery. I plan on changing to a marine deep cycle cranking battery and carry the small jump battery for the just in case moment.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OK guys I got the price for the unit. This is my dead cost for the members here. It is $115.00 and the cost on the site is $160.00 so I think this is a good deal. Here is the one I am speaking of:

http://www.geniuschargers.com/Boost/

If you think this is something you would like I will get it up on our website and post up a discount code for members here.

Mike
I like that unit, especially with the smart technology to prevent arching when connected reverse polarity. That feature gives me comfort in letting the wife us the unit, rarely but it does happen her blonde hair really kicks in.

Not to side step your effort, which I appreciate your offer, but with you selling them at your cost I might just get mine from Amazon since being a prime member there won't be any shipping cost to me plus it saves you the hassle of dealing with my order and not making anything on it.

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Andy,

Either way is fine with us. Yes these are at our dead cost for the guys here and shipping is free always with us. If you look for example at any of our audio on our website you can order just one RCA cable and it will ship for free. That is just how we do it. In addition you get 4 percent back with our rewards program.

Another option If you guys like I can deliver them to Bahia Mar for the captains meeting if that works for everyone.

Mike

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Not a lot of reviews on this Rockford unit to be found online, for those that ordered this unit, any thoughts on its build quality etc....so many different similar units are available online, just curious how it stacks up? Does it come with the newer iPhone lightening charger?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ones i got in seem very well made and as my video showed work as designed and yes it comes with a usb dongle to fit every phone made. Iphone 5&6 included.