• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery jumpstarter

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ordered the Antigravity one on Amazon last week and it is due in today. I will give it a quick review when it arrives, hope I won't have to use it but at least I will be prepared.

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hey one other questions for the guys using these to jump their twin engine boats, some of the descriptions say to remove the jump starter as soon as the engine starts, any concerns to leave it hooked up while u start second engine?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not tried it to start the twin engine boat, but I would assume with one engine going, there is enough juice flowing to crank the other one..

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My Antigravity came in and it is getting its first charge. In the instructions, it says it will start a 4 or 6 cylinder motor about 20 times. The removal is recommended so you do not try to charge the pack through the jumper cables but I am sure it is ok for a few to get the other motor started if needed.

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I have not tried it to start the twin engine boat, but I would assume with one engine going, there is enough juice flowing to crank the other one..
I did consider this but from what I have read, the alternators on these engines do not put out much juice, so am not sure if there would be enough to crank the other engine. If/when I get in the situation, I would just start both as quickly as possible and unhook the unit as soon as the second fires up. In researching the model descriptions on Amazon, it looks like some of the updated models have increased circuit protection. So maybe this is a non-issue now?