• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Battery Question

Yes, it was ongoing with AGM batteries using a guest dual bank charger and finding a battery hot and at 5ish V. Read the whole thread again.

The question is...why did the fuse blow? And why is the battery dead...again?

Fuse was blown since sometime last season as near as I can tell. I probably did something wrong when I was messing with the wiring at some point. That probably led to the 5v battery that got hot on the charger at AutoZone. Battery probably was fine and probably would have taken a charge if the juice had actually made it all the way there.

The problem as I see it is the Guest charger showing everything was fine on the status lights even when it was not. I pulled the fuse from the start battery feed yesterday and put it in the house battery feed to get the battery charging until I could run to town to buy a fuse. The light for the start battery stayed green even though I know it was not connected. The house battery did go to red with the connections actually made though.

That last bit about frying stators stuck in my mind from other posts. I figured I paid for the expensive battery with the good warranty so I should take advantage of it. Took the battery back to Napa today and they will have a brand new one for me tomorrow morning.

That's what I would have done. Why experiment trying to trouble shoot and come up with a solution first? I'm not an electrical engineer, I just want to go boating.Replace the battery while most of the warranty is intact and keep an eye out afterwards to see if the issue has been resolved, if not you know it's not your battery and you have just renewed the warranty for it so you could replace it again less expensively if needed after you address the root cause of the problem.

I would contact Guest about this. Ask if they have a trouble shooting guide that tells you with certainty that there is a problem with the charger or not. Sometimes the guides are in the manual.

Back