• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BBQ options

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m looking for the best option for a BBQ on the swim deck. Brand... model...mount...storage

Searched old treads and didn’t get a whole lot unless I overlooked a tread or two.
Any help will be appreciated!

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I’m sorry. From the south. That is a grill question. BBQ comes from a smoker. Serenity now. ;)

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are quite a few options out there. Magma being at the higher end of the price spectrum. I used Coleman grills for a few years without issue.

Just about any portable gas grill will work but you need one with about 9 square inches of flat surface on its bottom to work with the available magma level lock mounts, traditional round floor mounts and the current Oem for yamaha table mounts.

The level locks come in two versions, the first is fixed width/diameter and fits perfectly into a standard rod holder. The other has a split insert the widens as it is tightened so that it fits snuggly into many openings like that of the Yamaha table poles that mount to a wall. Both level locks cost about $70.

If you want to buy the oem table parts including tables, poles and table and wall mounts I believe Hamilton is the manufacturer and buying direct from them will save you at least 35% compared to Yamaha sports plaza. For context one under table mount at the plaza is $125 from Hamilton it’s coolest to $80. If you mount this to the bottom of the grill you can use it on either Yamaha table pole without other parts or drilling.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are quite a few options out there. Magma being at the higher end of the price spectrum. I used Coleman grills for a few years without issue.

Just about any portable gas grill will work but you need one with about 9 square inches of flat surface on its bottom to work with the available magma level lock mounts, traditional round floor mounts and the current Oem for yamaha table mounts.

The level locks come in two versions, the first is fixed width/diameter and fits perfectly into a standard rod holder. The other has a split insert the widens as it is tightened so that it fits snuggly into many openings like that of the Yamaha table poles that mount to a wall. Both level locks cost about $70.

If you want to buy the oem table parts including tables, poles and table and wall mounts I believe Hamilton is the manufacturer and buying direct from them will save you at least 35% compared to Yamaha sports plaza. For context one under table mount at the plaza is $125 from Hamilton it’s coolest to $80. If you mount this to the bottom of the grill you can use it on either Yamaha table pole without other parts or drilling.
Thanks for the advice @Ronnie

Travis242LSE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I purchased the Magma Newport Classic 2
BBQ for our 2017 Yamaha 242 LSE. The mount was a separate purchase from Yamaha,(Yamaha SBT-NPGRL-MT-14). Took awhile to find the correct mount. None of the Magma mounts I tried from West Marine worked. I ordered mine from the local Yamaha dealer here is Roseville CA.

Attachments

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Can double as a ballast tank when you’re not hungry.

847AA524-5819-45C8-951B-ACAFB122D39E.jpeg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@UpNorth, search for grill, Magma or Kuuma and you will find all the information that you could ever want.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@UpNorth, search for grill, Magma or Kuuma and you will find all the information that you could ever want.

I bought this shortly after my original post and getting feedback.
It gets used probably 4 times a week.

upload_2018-7-26_21-24-55.jpeg
Love it!!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This one has five years of use and five Bimini trips behind her.

09AB79DD-D7E9-4ADA-AEE2-645EF597A3CA.jpeg