• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bennett Bolt Trim Tabs installed

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The ALC automatically adjusts trim when a passenger moves around. I would not buy it again. I love the controller layout but the MLC with the same layout would fully meet my needs.
Hey Bruce, I am ordering tabs this month and I have noticed several times that you suggest MLC over ALC. could you elaborate on that for me.

Navalaviator08

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Cycle Springs in Clearwater finished my Bennett Bolt Trim Tab install ! (Also had lateral thrusters and thrust vector put on). Figured I would just have it all done before delevery down here to Sanibel Island Big day tomorrow (weather permitting lol )
Hello. I know this is a pretty old post but do you happen to remember what model of trim tabs you had installed? I bought a set of Bennett 12x12 Limited Space trim tabs but they do not fit under the swim deck. I have been searching for the ones you have pictured but I can’t seem to find them. Thanks in advance!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Bruce, I am ordering tabs this month and I have noticed several times that you suggest MLC over ALC. could you elaborate on that for me.
I am really late on replying to this but I bought ALC thinking I would use the automated features while the reality is that I like to adjust trim not to change the attitude of the boat but to reduce the impact of waves. I trim to a level that is comfortable for the average wave but if I see a big wake boat wave coming I trim down father. So I make a lot of manual adjustments.

ALC would automatically adjust if your passengers moved from one side to the another while the boat was in motion but that does not happen very often.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am really late on replying to this but I bought ALC thinking I would use the automated features while the reality is that I like to adjust trim not to change the attitude of the boat but to reduce the impact of waves. I trim to a level that is comfortable for the average wave but if I see a big wake boat wave coming I trim down father. So I make a lot of manual adjustments.

ALC would automatically adjust if your passengers moved from one side to the another while the boat was in motion but that does not happen very often.
Probably a dumb question- but do the trim tabs act as a wake adjustment- similar to the wake gates on the dedicated surf boats?????

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably a dumb question- but do the trim tabs act as a wake adjustment- similar to the wake gates on the dedicated surf boats?????
I can play with the wake a little bit for tubing and such with my tabs which knocks down the spray a bit, but that is about it. Basically the tabs will force the bow so you ride better in chop. Substantially better.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My trim tabs are outside of the jet wash. I believe that shorter tabs over the pump nozzles would have the desired ability to shape the wake but I am uncertain that the tabs and mount points would survive.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My trim tabs are outside of the jet wash. I believe that shorter tabs over the pump nozzles would have the desired ability to shape the wake but I am uncertain that the tabs and mount points would survive.
I wasn’t thinking of position behind the jet nozzle- rather to the side like the Malibu or the nautique etc.

Attachments

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wasn’t thinking of position behind the jet nozzle- rather to the side like the Malibu or the nautique etc.
You certainly could install trim tabs in such a configuration. They would provide less or no benefit for rough water. If you do I would install backing plates inside the hull.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You certainly could install trim tabs in such a configuration. They would provide less or no benefit for rough water. If you do I would install backing plates inside the hull.
In this application would only be for surf wave enhancements. Project probably not worthwhile though

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In this application would only be for surf wave enhancements. Project probably not worthwhile though
I suspect that many would appreciate such a mod.

I worked with Lectrotab to build my trim tabs in 2014. They have helped many other JetBoaters since. I mocked up the tabs and actuators in cardboard them ordered what I found to work.

I expect you could do similar. My attachments were at hardened areas of the full. Hopefully you can find similarly strong locations or using backing plates inside the hull. If I were installing again I would use self drilling stainless screws with sealant on the later threads.