• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bent Cobra Fin

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were out this last weekend trying to get in some final days of summer on the boat. Must have hit something on the river (felt a small "nudge" underneath) because my starboard throttle was stuck in the forward position. Checked my throttle cables under the engine hatch at it was stable. Had to to limp back to the dock just using the port engine. Thank got for dual engines. Got the boat out and discovered that the horizontal stabilizer and vertical fin had been hit and was forced upward at about 30-45 degree angle resulting in the vertical fin being pushed into the bucket making the bucket immovable. Wondering if I should remove and try to bang it out or just order a new starboard set. Thoughts? Pics below.

Attachments

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would think you could straighten it for the short term and just get Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC to send you a stabilizer. Or you could take the other off and goto a metal shop and have them cut it.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I did answer him on this,, the part is made of soft aluminum so if you strike an object it will bend up and avoid any damage to the nozzle, It is easy to straighten , just loosen the top bolt a slight bit and pull the fin back down with your hands to get it back in place then retighten the top bolt also I would reverse the small bolts that attach the brace to the fin . Doing that will avoid the nut catching on the reverse bucket to prevent the bucket getting stuck if you encounter another object in the water, also this bracket can be repositioned numerous times so no worries about putting it back in position.

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did answer him on this,, the part is made of soft aluminum so if you strike an object it will bend up and avoid any damage to the nozzle, It is easy to straighten , just loosen the top bolt a slight bit and pull the fin back down with your hands to get it back in place then retighten the top bolt also I would reverse the small bolts that attach the brace to the fin . Doing that will avoid the nut catching on the reverse bucket to prevent the bucket getting stuck if you encounter another object in the water, also this bracket can be repositioned numerous times so no worries about putting it back in position.
Thank you Jeff!!

Top Bottom