• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bent impeller blade, stuck housing

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife ran over something in September 2018 which tore a blade off of one of the Impellers a Solas unit I purchased from and repitched by impros. I didn’t know that it may have been subject to a recall but I bought a new one from impros and ended up removing both and replacing them with the stock units last season. I’ve since sent both back to impros because the newer impeller needed to be repitched so that it operates at the same rpm as the other impeller throughout the throttle range. Basically the new one is pitched incorrectly when compare to the older one. Just something to consider @ilangtry . Glen is cool and told me he would do the work for free but I’m expecting to pay for return shipping.

Here are pics of my busted impeller. In my case the part of the blade that broke off got stuck between the impeller and stator. Thankfully the boat has two engines and there was a small boat ramp nearby. Briefly stated, I anchored near the boat ramp, took and Uber 35 miles to my tow rig and drove it back to pick up the disabled boat and wife. What should have been a 2 hour tip on the water turned into a six hour thing. I didn’t want to lose a chink of the boating season to repitching an impeller so went back to stock, the loss of a mile or two at the top end and slower off the line acceleration didn’t really bother me as I was just happy to be on the water.
9CD6F22A-07C0-4C51-9975-E50199BA7D5A.jpegA151473D-1D70-4DC8-8189-25B2A2DC0D0A.jpeg82C4F363-8F5C-40D2-9079-DD26A133093E.jpeg