• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best gasoline type for FSH210 ?

gorgid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi everybody,
Owner manual shows minimum 86 octane. Have anybody noticed any performance gain of using 89 or 93?

Thanks!!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi everybody,
Owner manual shows minimum 86 octane. Have anybody noticed any performance gain of using 89 or 93?

Thanks!!
There will be no difference. No CPU to change timing

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I run only non ethanol gas, check pure-gas.org for a station near you

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ve not seen any difference between 87, 89, 93, non ethanol. Same performance, same MPG’s. I would have been very surprised to see any change in performance with different fuels.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I try to put in non-ethanol but have mixed gas before it’s a Yamaha it just runs And runs and runs.

gorgid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I try to put in non-ethanol but have mixed gas before it’s a Yamaha it just runs And runs and runs.
I learned an expensive lesson on a Yamaha Outboard years ago running ethanol, replacing the carb's @ $1,600 for the stack. That junk will also ruin your lawn mowers and weed eaters

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, for older carburated boats, especially older 2-strokes, the E10 can be problematic.
In all new Yamahas that is just not the case. The plastics, seals, and all surfaces in contact with fuel are fine with E10, just like a new car or truck. The new fuel systems handle E10 perfectly, there is zero issues. Stabil or similar for storage.
Would I buy non-ethanol fuel if I have access? I do every time. But there is simply nothing wrong with E10 in these new boats.

--

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree, for older carburated boats, especially older 2-strokes, the E10 can be problematic.
In all new Yamahas that is just not the case. The plastics, seals, and all surfaces in contact with fuel are fine with E10, just like a new car or truck. The new fuel systems handle E10 perfectly, there is zero issues. Stabil or similar for storage.
Would I buy non-ethanol fuel if I have access? I do every time. But there is simply nothing wrong with E10 in these new boats.

--
Exactly the point. Avoid the ethanol if possible when storing for long periods of time. But the old stories of ethanol damage on a daily basis is not an issue anymore. With the amount of gas we burn weekly, there is no time for separation issues either. Yamaha and most MFG's addressed the issues of Ethanol in EFI engines for regular use years ago. They knew avoiding ethanol is just not possible in most situations, so you may as well make them handle it.

Silvershibe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, but picking up my 210 FSH next week. I've been reading up on this forum for what to expect. I can't speak to the use of Ethanol gas in practice on this boat yet obviously, but I'll just say this; I would be very disappointed in any engine manufacturer who hasn't yet made the minor modifications necessary to handle at least E10. That would be a major issue that would be all over the major boating mags, Consumer Reports, etc. You just can't get away with that anymore.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I enjoy the piece of mind that goers with only using pure gas, but understand the other side. I'm surprised how abundant non ethanol gas is around me, quite a few stations premium is pure gas and it's easy to add to the app so others can find it.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I fill it up with E10 87 octane from Shell.. Have in all my Yamaha boats..