• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

best onboard cooler

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I am looking to buy a nice cooler for my new boat. I'm thinking about Yeti or Orca. Does anyone have any advice on these. Let me know what you use.

The AO Coolers are very popular around here. I have one and like it, although I don't think it holds ice quite as long as advertised.

Personally, I think Yeti coolers cost way too much. Plus, I saw their 20 size at a Bass Pro Shop...the design makes it very difficult to get your hand in and out, and the damn zipper tears up your forearm...and they want $300! I haven't tried the AO, but everybody seems to like them. Give polarbearcoolers.com a try. They just introduced a closed cell cooler that should perform like the Yeti, but half the price. The newer design was sold out on Amazon last time I checked ($99), but you can buy direct...but it's $150.

I got my Polarbear 48 pack cooler for $89.95 on Amazon....they still have some at that price :cool:

I have coolers up the wazoo - I need to get rid of some. My garage is packed - :eek:

We like to keep a clean boat so we use the in the floor self draining compartments. I hate clutter on a boat. We have a full size trash can we keep inside the port storage compartment. Works out really well.

I began using my Yeti Hopper 30 this year on the boat and it works out great. In the past I have used my Tundra 45, which fits great in the bow area, although it must be climbed over to get to the seats. As far as ice retention goes, the Hopper comes nowhere close to the Tundras, but it it fine for a day's worth of boating. I somewhat agree with @rkgdmd that the zipper can be painful on your arm which is why I got the larger size. The 20 opening is tight.

The AO Coolers are very popular around here. I have one and like it, although I don't think it holds ice quite as long as advertised.

AO cooler we have is very nice, and perfect for use in the boat. Just dont expect it to hold ice for a weekend.

I like my Engels coolers over my Yeti... basically the same thing though..

I use the cooler in the floor most of the time..

I have the Yeti Hopper 30, I was skeptical at first, but now I love it. While were under way it fits perfectly behind the passenger seat. I freeze two medium size Gatorade bottles full of water, place them in first then the drinks and ice. The next day the bottles are still frozen and I replace a small amount of ice. I also keep the drinks in the refrigerator over night.

AO Coolers is having a Father's Day sale, 15% off....
on.jsp

FathersDay_CustomImage.png

Save 15%
Enter Code: dad15
Enter the above discount code to receive 15% off any AO Cooler through our website aocoolers.com
or give us a call toll free at 800-336-5208 and mention this email

Offer Expires 06/21/2015.
2083ddd0-551a-48df-8d0a-e6582bacef1e.jpg

A Special Deal for Dad!
Get Dad the perfect gift this year... an AO Cooler. Personalize a cooler with embroidery just for your dad, or for the father figure in your life. Show him you care by sending a gift that he'll have for years to come.
FathersDay_Divider.png

08d92619-45c8-4a05-aabd-183c24d7fb34.jpg

CARBON SERIES
FathersDay_Divider.png

AO Coolers | info@aocoolers.com| Our NEW Website

AO Coolers | 591 North Smith Ave | Unit "A" | Corona | CA | 92880

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
After 2 seasons 2 of my 3 AO coolers leak with no visible tears or cuts, the 3rd I have never used so far. For a hard cooler check out the pelican coolers. They have better features than the yeti and cost less.

Thanks for all the input. Still not sure whuch to get, but definitely want a hard cooler. I would liketo get something that fits inthe underseat storage compartment.

Thanks for all the input. Still not sure whuch to get, but definitely want a hard cooler. I would liketo get something that fits inthe underseat storage compartment.

Under the seat .....

FridgeDrinks.jpg

@Bruce thats a really cool, sweet upgrade. maybe I can get that done before next season, but cant swing it this year. i'll be checkin in with you for advice when its that time! thanks

@Bruce I totally meant to check that fridge out at our gathering and never got around to it. I even told Jill about and she seemed a little curious about it.

We use an AO cooler on the boat and it's good for a days worth of ice and keeping things cold. I put in 2 or 3 frozen jugs of water and prechill all drinks prior to loading and it seems to do well. We used to use an Igloo hardside and it did a little better at holding ice, but wasn't as big as our current AO.

We have a big AO cooler and a pair of Norchill coolers. The Norchills aren't too far off the AO coolers IMO, but are less expensive. We got them during a sale last year.

I have one of each size of AO cooler. Love them. Sturdy, they hold the water (even if they tip, as long as it is all closed up), and keep cool enough for me. It is very rare that I am out on the lake for a weekend without coming back to 'base' for refills/food/etc. So yes, the AO does not hold ice for the whole weekend, but it holds it for me for a full day to two days and that is good enough for me.

Back