• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Wakesurf board you've bought

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Does anyone know if a ronix koal fish will fit in my krypton wake surf rack with 2.25 inch openings. I can't find the width anywhere. I can't decide on a new board. I have a liquid force fish 5'6 now and looking for a better boat. Help.
with the 2.25" opening any surf board will fit into it when you get into the thin skim boards is when you have to get creative like my new victoria is only 3/4" thick and my rack is also 2.25"

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I thought I read somewhere that the ronix may not fit in some racks. Looks like I will be trying to pick one up then. Thanks

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a Slingshot Space Pickle and it is 2.75 width - won't fit in any rack I know of. You might do some more research...

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone know if a ronix koal fish will fit in my krypton wake surf rack with 2.25 inch openings. I can't find the width anywhere. I can't decide on a new board. I have a liquid force fish 5'6 now and looking for a better boat. Help.
Just measured mine, its 1.5" wide at the waist. Should be no problem. I really like mine for a all around board, good one for really anyone to ride. I have the 5'6" and it's a bit on the long side for shorter people, so my next one will be some where south of 5'.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok thanks alot. I think I will go for the 5 footer. I am just a little nervous that it is alot the same as my liquid force. But I think the ronix is a much better board, I guess I will give it a shot.

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wish there was a place where you could rent boards to try out so you know before you buy if its what you want.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish there was a place where you could rent boards to try out so you know before you buy if its what you want.
Sun & Ski sports used to "rent" them but I don't know if they do any more. They were a little weird about calling it a rental...more like a paid trial and if you wanted to buy you could apply your fee to purchase. All we tried was the Fish but they had more. This was a couple of years ago. Worth a call.

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sun & Ski sports used to "rent" them but I don't know if they do any more. They were a little weird about calling it a rental...more like a paid trial and if you wanted to buy you could apply your fee to purchase. All we tried was the Fish but they had more. This was a couple of years ago. Worth a call.
I just called the local store here in DFW area and they don't do that anymore. But thanks for the suggestion. On their website they do have a Hyperlite Idylwood Wakesurfer blemished for $340..its advertised for boats with smaller wakes..any feedback on these?

I like what I hear about the slingshot space pickle but I also hear its fragile, anyone with experience on this board?

Also looking at getting a used Grindwater, are they any good? and would they be good for a larger guy like me? Almost no info on these boards but they are hand made i guess.

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I got the dimensions of the Grindwater, its 58" long by 19" wide. I'm thinking its to small for a 220 lb guy ? It does seem to have a lot of thickness to it and buoyancy. I'm just not familiar with this brand of board.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some really good suggestions so far. For skim style, @trace has a Victoria Secret Agent I like. Good for me at 225lbs and I can surf goofy (although not gracefully) on it too. My wife's inland surfer Sweet Spot Pro is an awesome surf style board, but I am at the top of its weight limit and you have to have a decent wake. No ballast = no fun on that board for me.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 How do have your fins on the Pickle? And have you tried them in other configurations (your experiences). Slingshot really wouldn't suggest any settings for me to try. They just said that's the beauty of trying them all out. WTF, at least give me a starting spot LOL

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have experience with the Hyperlite Shim 5.3?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I started with the 56 LF Fish then bought the Ronix 56 Koal Fish. Comparing the 2 side by side they are night and day. First thing you will notice is the RKF is half the weight. Then you notice it has a lot of rocker in the front followed by round chines. It is supposed to be a much looser board and I can see why. It is slightly wider in the mid section over the LFF and with several adjustments with the included fins as well as many other fins you can buy it is def. worth the purchase. I have yet to get it out on the water but am looking forward to it each day... hoping the water temp is up by the end of the month... may spring for a wet suit just to be sure.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have a Slingshot Space Pickle and it is 2.75 width - won't fit in any rack I know of. You might do some more research...
Wow, you are right.......it is that wide. I didn't even look at the dimensions listed right on the board LOL. It's not that wide until right in the middle and I wasn't looking at that. I was measuring with calipers from end of board to top of grip. Wow, I guess that puts a wrench in my rack search. Have you tried a rack with 2 1/4 opening to see if it fits since entire board is not in fingers?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have not tried a rack for it. I am hoping someone on here discovers one and posts their results!!! It will probably fit a smaller one since max width is dead center.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just bought new fingers or forks for my swing outs. They work really good!!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@jawsf16 Aerial Surf/wake rack looks Like it should work. Has a 3" opening. H20warehouse sells them on eBay for 110

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's the one I have my shred stixx in.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 How do have your fins on the Pickle? And have you tried them in other configurations (your experiences). Slingshot really wouldn't suggest any settings for me to try. They just said that's the beauty of trying them all out. WTF, at least give me a starting spot LOL
I think fin placement is somewhat subjective to wake, rider ability, etc, but this thread might help you a bit with your question @CFD3Captain :

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?23131-WakeSurf-Fin-Set-Ups