• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Big Green Eggheads

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce

Have you tried brining your salmon first? Also during the last hour of cooking salmon I'll brush on a little pure maple syrup.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@McMark , the maple sounds great! You can also get an ajustable rig from the ceramic grill store and get 4 full racks of baby backs whole on a large egg. The AR is a good added tool for the egg in other ways too.
image.jpeg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@leeatmg , the Anova wifi arrived. A few things I noticed...I can't manually select infinite temps. For example, I wanted my steaks medium, I could set the .7C, only an even number or .5. But I could program via the app and select it easily. Eggs were amazing and so was the fillet of tenderloin beef we had last night. I did the sear in a heavy non stick pan with only butter. It put a carmalized crust that was delicious. It was an effortless perfection for the most part. We are seeing a benefit to ha I g to set up the grill on motorhome trips!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
What was really amazing to us, other than the perfect temp from edge to edge, was how tender this was comparatively to a grilled steak.