• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Forgive my ignorance but can someone give me some more insight into this? If you don't have a float plan, how would anybody know you're coming back from Bimini? What would happen if I'm not SVRS registered? Basically, I'm trying to understand what the expectations are once we get back.

Details please! PM if you want.

How much time does this save? I am spending the night in Ft. Lauderdale on the return trip so I am not in a huge hurry..
Since you are staying Saturday night in FTL, I wouldn't worry about getting your SVRS unless you plan on make this trip in the future.

Assuming no one in our group had their SVRS, then about 80 to 90 people would be going to the custom office at the same time, this doesn't included other people not part of our group. If you are lucky there might be 2 people processing each person coming into the customs office. Per person it take 5-10 minutes for the customs officer to process you. If you do the math, 80 people x 5 minutes per person / 2 people processing, if you are the last person to arrive it will take 200 minutes (3.3 hours) for you to be processed.

Upon return to ft lauderdale, you can call customs and clear in without an in person visit IF you are a member of the SVRS program. Basically, load and go.

If not, you tie up to the dock, do not disembark, call customs. They will tell you if you can disembark or if they will come to you to inspect your boat. Then a visit, in person, is required to the customs office nearest you.

If you have a mix of SVRS and non SVRS passengers, only the non SVRS passengers need to go to customs.

A float plan is filed on the SVRS website.

well my whole crew will be there sunday prior to monday departure and if it saves that much headache I will round them all up and go get one..

My problem is I have 8 passengers, and a truck that only seats 5, 4 of them are flying into FTL..

Forgive my ignorance but can someone give me some more insight into this? If you don't have a float plan, how would anybody know you're coming back from Bimini? What would happen if I'm not SVRS registered? Basically, I'm trying to understand what the expectations are once we get back.
I would assume you could get into and out of the country without going through US Customs. However, if something where to happen and the Coast Guard stopped you and come onto your boat, if you didn't have a float plan I would image you would be detained for a substantial amount of time while they searched your boat. Plus there could be a fine and jail time.

There is an SVRS interview location in Ft. Lauderdale. No need to go to Miami unless they are booked. You enroll on the SVRS website a a new participant. There you will make an appointment at your chosen location and time. Very easy.

Details please! PM if you want.

How much time does this save? I am spending the night in Ft. Lauderdale on the return trip so I am not in a huge hurry..

A lot. Without SVRS (local boating option LBO), you would have to go to the nearest customs when returning. With this system, when you register your trip...you just make a call to a 1-800 number and your done in 5 minutes!

Has anyone tried to arrange Customs to meet you at the dock? Not sure if its possible but considering the number of people it might help them to do it at the dock.

Well I just left my interview in Charleston. So how long does it take to get your number? He said I would get an approval email with all the info in it once my application was approved.

Well I just left my interview in Charleston. So how long does it take to get your number? He said I would get an approval email with all the info in it once my application was approved.
In Fort Lauderdale they I issued my number right after the interview.

I had the email before I could even leave their office! She also wrote the number down for us as well on our appointment form.

Same here. .. Both in Milwaukee and when Tracie took the girls to Tampa.

The guy was having some kind of computer issue you could tell but that doesn't sound very promising I will a very unhappy camper if something went wrong or if I have to go back.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, if you already have CBP Global Entry, you can apply for SVRS and you don't have to do an in person interview. I'm going to try this route. For others, it might not be worth it as the Global Entry Application costs $100, but if it works this would be great.

Last edited:
I believe that is correct. If you're a global entry participant, you don't need an in person interview for the SVRS.

Well it looks like these guys went last weekend on a couple of Yamaha skis and a Yamaha jet boat.

Well it looks like these guys went last weekend on a couple of Yamaha skis and a Yamaha jet boat.

That looks like the weather we had in 2013, overcast and grey. Hoping we have better weather in a little over 2 weeks.

The pattern for the last couple of weeks has been wind and moisture out of the East. Hopefully we will get a high pressure system in place and give you guys calm seas and dry sky.

Back