• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Allstate covers it too under their standard policy. I just switched back from them to SkiSafe last month. There was about a $100 difference.

I'm with State Farm as well, and when I talked to my agent, she said that they only thing we need to do is update our "home location" to be salt water before the trip to ensure coverage. She actually scheduled it for July 1st and will move it back to fresh water on August 1st. I think there was an increase in premium of about $1. for the month, but well worth the peace of mind.

Damn I love State Farm for this EXACT reason!

I have Progressive Insurance. I specifically asked questions and they said I was covered up to 75 Miles off shore, and for an additional charge I could have got it moved up to 150 miles offshore

I have Progressive Insurance. I specifically asked questions and they said I was covered up to 75 Miles off shore, and for an additional charge I could have got it moved up to 150 miles offshore
I did the trip in 2013 and switched from progressive to allstate. The progressive fine print says you are covered 75 miles off shore in US waters, Bimini is not US waters. I spoke to several progressive reps trying to get clarification and none of the could give me a difinitive answer. Allstate provided me a statement in writing that I was covered.

I agree, almost all policies cover US and Canadian waters out 75 miles. Even though we are out 55 miles, we are NOT in US waters. After researching this for the past five years, Allstate and State Farm are the only companies that I know of that have that has Bahamas included in their standard language.

Wow..thanks sstegh!!.. I just spent a half an hour on the phone with progressive. conclusion is that I am NOT covered when I go to the Bahamas. I will have to talk to my agent I will demand a full refund of my money cuz I specifically asked for that coverage.

Wow..thanks sstegh!!.. I just spent a half an hour on the phone with progressive. conclusion is that I am NOT covered when I go to the Bahamas. I will have to talk to my agent I will demand a full refund of my money cuz I specifically asked for that coverage.

I spent all day yesterday doing the same thing, now I am second guessing BoatUS and am gonna call StateFarm and AllState and shop them today.. UGH, why cant USAA offer Boat insurance.. would make my life so much easier.

I'm with Farmers Insurance and they work with a company in Michigan for their marine insurance called Foremost. I pay $460 per year (2% deductible on the boat) on my 2015 AR240, I have coverage that includes half a million in liability, has sea towing up to $5000 per incident, plus a few other things. The base plan did not include Bahamas, but for $60 more for the year, I upped to the Elite package which includes Bahamas.

I had State Farm but when I moved down to FL I had huge sticker shock comparing Insurance from here to WI.

Give Charter Lakes a call and see what they can do for you...
They were the best rates I have found here in Florida... about half of what SF wanted.

I have to do that when I get back....don't have my new boat info handy :(

@upperdeck Do you have an interview location in Milwaukee I guess? I am trying to do that but finding most of these offices have Tuesday-Thursday hours for interviews. They're killing me...

Yes, there is an office in Milwaukee. They have M-F 8a-4p hours. It was 30 minutes for my wife and son to get through this morning. When I first went in 2010, it took them 3 hours since they had no idea what they were doing (they had never done one in Milwaukee).

Unfortunately, the rest of my passengers are from KS and there are NO offices doing this in their area.

An idea for you if it works out... we have set up an appt at the Miami office on Sunday morning. Go through the interview and go launch. It's only about 40 minutes down the road.

Yes, there is an office in Milwaukee. They have M-F 8a-4p hours. It was 30 minutes for my wife and son to get through this morning. When I first went in 2010, it took them 3 hours since they had no idea what they were doing (they had never done one in Milwaukee).

Unfortunately, the rest of my passengers are from KS and there are NO offices doing this in their area.

I was under the impression once we went through and got our LBO card. We would not have to go again until our passports expire.

Why did you family need to go again ?

Some of my group is flying in to Orlando (during the week) and I'm encouraging them to do the svrs registration there. The other two are flying in from KS on Sunday, when no offices are open. They'll be out of luck and have to do customs in person, which is SUCH a pain...

Because, while I was an SVRS participant since 2010, my wife always went through customs and my youngest son has never gone. My oldest son went last year and did his SVRS registration then.

This is the first year my whole family will be going and are now all SVRS registered.

@upperdeck Do you have an interview location in Milwaukee I guess? I am trying to do that but finding most of these offices have Tuesday-Thursday hours for interviews. They're killing me...
I have to agree offices in North and South Carolina stink the hours are terrible. I'm literally on my way to Charleston for my interview right now but I was lucky that I can incorporate a business trip into it. My wife had to take a half day on Tuesday for her and my daughter to go do their interview at Wilmington.

An idea for you if it works out... we have set up an appt at the Miami office on Sunday morning. Go through the interview and go launch. It's only about 40 minutes down the road.

Details please! PM if you want.

How much time does this save? I am spending the night in Ft. Lauderdale on the return trip so I am not in a huge hurry..

Back