• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Who wants to go to the Bimini Shark Lab?

I emailed to ask about it and will update once I know more.

This is what they publish online

What:

The Sharklab offers daily tours to members of the public interested in learning more about sharks, our research and shark conservation. Tours include:

- An inside talk explaining background information about the station, sharks, our research, and techniques.
- A trip outside to our captive shark pens where we will show you either a juvenile lemon or nurse shark and discuss various aspects of their physiology.

When:

Tours are carried out most days around low tide. Timings vary and will depend on research schedule, tidal cycle and availability. We do not carry out tours every day and to arrange a tour or check timings please contact us ahead of time.

Where:

The Bimini Biological Field Station Foundation 'Sharklab' is located on South Bimini, Bahamas and can be reached via boat or road. If you are visiting from North Bimini you can catch a taxi from the ferry dock on the South island to the station. Both water and land taxis can be hailed on VHF 68.

How to book:

Email us at: tours@biminisharklab.com

Call us on: +242 347 4538

Hail us on: VHF 88A USA

How much:

We ask for a suggested donation of $10 per person which goes directly into the research. This money helps fund our field activities and is an invaluable source of income for the station.

we would probably go..

There is also a special shark dive where they take you out into a cove and drop a frozen chum-sicle. Its like an underwater bowl, you stay to the outside edge and the sharks come in and feed, once they are feeding and schooling you can swim up to them and get a closer look. My dad did it years ago and told me about it. The pictures are amazing. I can imagine it is not for the faint at heart but it is also something to do while there.

Our boat is in for the shark lab, but I'm not sure what day. I know they will set up the tour from the Sands' office.

I believe Bimini Shark Lab is more of an educational experience. I expect a tour of their lab then a trip outside to wade up to the shark cages and see some of the sharks they are studying. Recently they have been catching and counting young sharks in the shallow areas.

Big Game Club has a shark cage near the fish cleaning stations for anyone that wants to be scared.

Who wants to go to the Bimini Shark Lab?

I emailed to ask about it and will update once I know more.

This is what they publish online

What:

The Sharklab offers daily tours to members of the public interested in learning more about sharks, our research and shark conservation. Tours include:

- An inside talk explaining background information about the station, sharks, our research, and techniques.
- A trip outside to our captive shark pens where we will show you either a juvenile lemon or nurse shark and discuss various aspects of their physiology.

When:

Tours are carried out most days around low tide. Timings vary and will depend on research schedule, tidal cycle and availability. We do not carry out tours every day and to arrange a tour or check timings please contact us ahead of time.

Where:

The Bimini Biological Field Station Foundation 'Sharklab' is located on South Bimini, Bahamas and can be reached via boat or road. If you are visiting from North Bimini you can catch a taxi from the ferry dock on the South island to the station. Both water and land taxis can be hailed on VHF 68.

How to book:

Email us at: tours@biminisharklab.com

Call us on: +242 347 4538

Hail us on: VHF 88A USA

How much:

We ask for a suggested donation of $10 per person which goes directly into the research. This money helps fund our field activities and is an invaluable source of income for the station.
My daughters summer project is bases around marine life so we planned to try and do this as well the three of us would join just let us know what you find out.

There is also a special shark dive where they take you out into a cove and drop a frozen chum-sicle. Its like an underwater bowl, you stay to the outside edge and the sharks come in and feed, once they are feeding and schooling you can swim up to them and get a closer look. My dad did it years ago and told me about it. The pictures are amazing. I can imagine it is not for the faint at heart but it is also something to do while there.

Im in.. family not so much..

My boat crew are out, been there done that, but worth doing at least once.

We are in.
I know at least one of my daughters will love it...
The other will watch from a distance....

@Bruce got me thinking about things to do while in Bimini. Who wants to experience the Jimmy Buffet Margarita Lab?

It's open 24/7 and everyone is welcome. Free admission daily :p

IMG_6196-224x300.jpg

I just bought one of those for a good friend that recently got married. So far, they have been very happy around the pool with the coladas!!

I just bought one of those for a good friend that recently got married. So far, they have been very happy around the pool with the coladas!!

That's funny as my wife and I received one as a wedding gift as well. It works great for anything that's good with finely shaved ice. We even make snow cones for the little ones. Shave some ice, put some cotton candy snow cone syrup on it, and all of sudden your the favorite dad at the pool.

I'm pretty sure you can add 4 more to the list. @DieselCamel ?

Did anyone get the immigration card forms mailed over this year or should one us email bimini sands and ask for some? I do think I saw somewhere you could pick them up at the Bahamas Tourism office in Ft Lauderdale.

Did anyone get the immigration card forms mailed over this year or should one us email bimini sands and ask for some? I do think I saw somewhere you could pick them up at the Bahamas Tourism office in Ft Lauderdale.

@upperdeck is getting them.

Back