• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Again, another point of clarification about SVRS - if I'm reading it correctly, we all still have to go through customs in person upon arrival in Bimini. If you are SVRS registered, you just call the 800 number when you return and avoid having to see customs on the return trip?

Again, another point of clarification about SVRS - if I'm reading it correctly, we all still have to go through customs in person upon arrival in Bimini. If you are SVRS registered, you just call the 800 number when you return and avoid having to see customs on the return trip?
Correct, SVRS is only for US Customs. The Bahamas customs doesn't have any express method of entry.

Get ready to have your passengers stuck on the boat while the captains wait 2 hours to get through customs.

It's going to be HOT too!!

Research! Thank goodness not personal experience!
I understand the fine. I'm asking: how would the well oiled machine of the us customs office ever know you went to bimini and back. I cant imagine bimini has a paper trail reporting back to 'merica. All they want is your cash ......i can see bimini possibly checking manifesto against a bimini sands or big game club attendance sheet......maybe. Even that on island time may take 15-30 years to sort thru

image.jpg

Well, for instance, the first year of the crossing we were intercepted by the coast guard about 15 miles out. They checked registrations, etc. I'm sure that's a searchable database available to US homeland security. I'm sure it can be done, but why risk not reporting in to US Customs and Immigration?

Last edited:
BTW, that's a trunk full of illegals on the back of the cutter under the tarp. They were very curious who we were, etc.

They tracked us for at least 20 miles while they were paralleling the coast and we were inbound. They plotted our course and perfectly intercepted me. If I had not throttled back, they would have run me over.

There is so much drug traffic in the Caribbean. I can't imagine that a group of fast moving boats could traverse the area without having their registration recorded.

Perhaps you could get the hospitality manager for customs to arrange extra help for the return check in!? I recall a position as such at the sands last year. Equally awesome

Sorry guys....angry eric had a 4 hour nasty truck ride back from beaufort today with an ill fated AC , 95 degrees, and heavy traffic. And that was BEFORE my daughter nailed a road gator and bent up my jetski wheel-well into the tire........

I'll sign off now. Thanks for your time

View attachment 23900

Well, for instance, the first year of the crossing we were intercepted by the coast guard about 15 miles out. They checked registrations, etc. I'm sure that's a searchable database available to US homeland security. I'm sure it can be done, but why risk not reporting in to US Customs and Immigration?
Man that sucks today was too hot to be with out A/C. I think the same way as @upperdeck why not register it doesn't take long and the risk is not worth the reward. With technology today it wouldn't be hard for the government to find out who went and who didn't. If you buy anything in Bimini including your hotel room with a credit or debit card guess what they know you where there whether Bahamas Customs reports back to the U.S. with who checked in with customs there or not. Also anyone who uses a GPS on the crossing guess what there is a record of you crossing. I would agree that it unlikely for the government to go after you unless they had another reason to but why risk it.

So finishing final prep one of the last things on my list is pre plug coordinates for various things we want to see or do over there. I have some of the obvious the Sarapona and the plane wreck near it even have a new plane wreck that happend back in December in about 10ft of water around 5 miles off the coast of Bimini. For those who have been already what are the other must see items. I heard of 3 sisters and the island with the light house are these items must see stuff? We plan to run the mangroves and try and find the healing hole at somepoint over there. Is the run to Cat Cay worth it?

Last edited:
So finishing final prep one of the ;ast things on my list is pre plug coordinates for various things we want to see or do over there. I have some of the obvious the Sarapona and the plane wreck near it even have a new plane wreck that happend back in December in about 10ft of water around 5 miles off the coast of Bimini. For those who have been already what are the other must see items. I heard of 3 sisters and the island with the light house are these items must see stuff? We plan to run the mangroves and try and find the healing hole at somepoint over there. Is the run to Cat Cay worth it?
Cat Cay is a semi-private island, nothing much on it but nice rental homes. The island with the light house is Gun Cay and the north end of Gun Cay is Honeymoon Harbor where the beach bash will be held and where the stingrays hangout.

View attachment 23900

You are right ;) we have eyes everywhere.....ask me how I know......I'll give you a hint...I work for a 3 letter agency

Back