• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Wind Alert and SailFlow appear to be different names for the same app.

Wind Finder does show 10 days and has the same forecast for Monday as SailFlow.

image.jpg

The forecast is quite fluid this far in advance. The forecast wave height for Sunday has reduced by six inches in the last 24 hours.

I am assuming the period or per time is the time between swells?

Need to make this trip happen soon. . . . I am green with envy.

Not next week for me. . . . 2 kids, with a 3rd on the way. . . . going to be a few years before I can make this one happen.

Just a logistical thought for next year: has anyone used the google voice/hangouts app out there to call home over the wifi?
we are messing around with it at home because we have horrid reception in the house but I have pretty fast internet (50 mbps but tests over 60!) So we try the wifi calling and other than my wife not getting it,it seems to work just fine.

Only works between Googke Voice/Hangout participants without charge.

Have you looked at Magicjack app?

Only works between Googke Voice/Hangout participants without charge.

Have you looked at Magicjack app?

Google voice is free to get a US phone number (although probably not with an area code you want) with a gmail account and make/recieve calls from that number to other US numbers using Google Hangouts / Hangouts dialer. International calls aren't free; but extremely cheap. I used Hangouts dialer extensively from Mexico to call U.S. numbers - no charge at all.

I also use an "obitalk" VOIP box programmed with my Google Voice account info for my work phone and my home phone. After buying the $40 device, I haven't had a phone bill in 2 years (although I do pay $12 annually to Anveo for 911 service). I much prefer Google voice / hangouts to MagicJack

Google voice is free to get a US phone number (although probably not with an area code you want) with a gmail account and make/recieve calls from that number to other US numbers using Google Hangouts / Hangouts dialer. International calls aren't free; but extremely cheap. I used Hangouts dialer extensively from Mexico to call U.S. numbers - no charge at all.

@jasoraso , I looked at Apple Store. Google Voice has 2 stars...not updated since 2014. Hangouts is newer. What's the difference?

Last edited:
Anybody planning on doing any water sports while in Bimini? I'm hesitant to try it because I don't know the waters and gas will be pretty expensive.
Waters are great for water sports!

Yesterday while installing the transducer for my new Garmin GPS, in the bilge below the port waterbox (muffler) I found the lock washer for the port rear cleat. After about 1 hour of me and the wife looking/feeling for the nut we finally found it. Then I had to take the battery out and the few things I store in that compartment so I could climb in there to get back to the cleat. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic because being 5' 11" and 195# it is a very tight fit to get all the way back there to reinstall and tighten the nut and yes I used plenty of loctite to hopefully prevent me from having to climb back there again. I'm hoping I don't find any other surprises while doing my final prep for the trip.

Proof I can fit in the battery compartment. Yes the wife was laughing hard while she was taking this picture.
I fit in the battery compartment.jpg

Last edited:
been there in mine too..

Yesterday while installing the transducer for my new Garmin GPS, in the bilge below the port waterbox (muffler) I found the lock washer for the port rear cleat. After about 1 hour of me and the wife looking/feeling for the nut we finally found it. Then I had to take the battery out and the few things I store in that compartment so I could climb in there to get back to the cleat. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic because being 5' 11" and 195# it is a very tight fit to get all the way back there to reinstall and tighten the nut and yes I used plenty of loctite to hopefully prevent me from having to climb back there again. I'm hoping I don't find any other surprises while doing my final prep for the trip.

Proof I can fit in the battery compartment. Yes the wife was laughing hard while she was taking this picture.
View attachment 24536

DAMN. getting in there is the easier of the two directions ! I was running wires under there a way back..and at one point I had vision of a fire department rescue......Brooke has this task now !!!! kudos to you !

p.s.: Whats with the worlds largest beer coozie ?!!? tip proof? didn't you have some suction cup based ones last year ?

Back