• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

I'm getting hungry....

Do all of the captains know that they are strongly encouraged to attend the Pigroast ??

It's gonna be fun :winkingthumbsup" and a great time to get everyone together for a group photo...

Yup, but not sure what to bring. I was thinking of a few pork loins...

So just spoke with someone who was there last week and I had never heard anyone mention this before about this trip but I may be already repeating something those who have been before already know. There group took some groceries but not a ton. The went to the little grocery store on Bimini and as usual not much in stock and extremely over priced. After speaking to some people who own a condo on the Island they where told not to shop in Bimini but to run to the grocery store on Cat Cay. They went over and checked it out and he said the selection was a way better and everything was a fraction of the price it was in Bimini. I don't plan to buy any groceries in Bimini other than maybe some bread as I'm sure most of you are not as well but thought that was a good tidbit of info if anyone was in a pinch once over there and needed to get some.

Yesterday while installing the transducer for my new Garmin GPS, in the bilge below the port waterbox (muffler) I found the lock washer for the port rear cleat. After about 1 hour of me and the wife looking/feeling for the nut we finally found it. Then I had to take the battery out and the few things I store in that compartment so I could climb in there to get back to the cleat. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic because being 5' 11" and 195# it is a very tight fit to get all the way back there to reinstall and tighten the nut and yes I used plenty of loctite to hopefully prevent me from having to climb back there again. I'm hoping I don't find any other surprises while doing my final prep for the trip.

Proof I can fit in the battery compartment. Yes the wife was laughing hard while she was taking this picture.
View attachment 24536
Oh my God! I'm 6' and 204lbs. Probably would not have fit (even with small breaths). I hope that your wife was ready to pull upon a lack of motion in your legs. I often wonder if these problems are the result of bad assembly instructions, or bad assembly techs. Either way, it sucks that "made in America" can be blemished by individuals not doing their jobs. Really, people need to take pride in everything they do.

Well atleast the rain chance is back down to 20% which is great. Passage weather also shows the larger seas further south now hopefully by the time we get there its all white on their wave forecast

Any set of snow skiing googles will work well. The biggest key is to make sure what ever you get is vented in some way like those products or the will fog up. Here is the type of mask the that @JROD is talking about they would offer great wind and sun protection but I could see where it would feel a little awkward
I was in Academy Sports yesterday and picked up some over sized tinted swim goggles to wear, http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/aqua-sphere-adults-kayenne-swim-goggles/pid-512561, mine are like the picture below, to wear if the sea spray gets bad while riding one of @robert843 skis over to Bimini. I got the tinted pair since will be riding into the sun on Monday morning, on the return trip the sun will be to our backs but I still like the tinted while on the water.
896be15fdc893d06ccb18ba1bbde1957.jpg

Also I plan on wearing my Yamaha neck garter and if necessary I can pull it up like she is wearing it or leave it just around my neck.
$_57.JPG

request to change captains meeting to earlier or later.. my crew wants to watch the US Womens Soccer team play in the Finals at 6 on Sunday..

Neck garter...that's what they were wearing. Something about her above....the word garter....those eyes.....hmmm :)

request to change captains meeting to earlier or later.. my crew wants to watch the US Womens Soccer team play in the Finals at 6 on Sunday..
I'm good with moving the captain's meeting to 4 or 5 pm, whatever would give folks enough time to get somewhere to watch the US Women's soccer team.

how long is the meeting? I propose 5:00?

how long is the meeting? I propose 5:00?
The meeting should only be about 10 to 15 minutes but sometimes gets longer because of the socializing. We will make sure the business part of the meeting gets done quickly so that folks won't miss the start of the game.

@upperdeck are you ok with 5 pm for the captains meeting, I am good?

Back