• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Team & jet ski brothers no intent to quote obvious, but extended salt water splashes on the face and eyes for anyone without a good set of goggles will make the crossing a lot more miserable that it should be. Sun glasses won't do it! Also, best to have some type of floating head band on your glasses when you do wear them so U don't end like me donating several pairs to the fish back in my rookie days. ;-)
Are you recommending this for the boats too?

so in this pic, it shows waves rolling 0-1M from South to North, doesnt that mean if we are traveling East, that we will ride between the swells?Untitled.jpg

I would say no...it gets that tough for driver behind windshield to get water in eyes.... He's got more worried :)
That was my thought exactly. Having never crossed before, if I'm taking that much spray in my face behind a windshield, and losing my sunglasses... maybe I shouldn't be going.

This might be obvious to everyone, but it just hit me this morning. I'm taking two boys with me and I'll need milk. Rather than take up cooler space for the crossing, I bought a bunch of milk in tetra-packs from Costco that does not require refrigeration. I believe that Walmart and other grocery stores carry it too.

the wettest place on the boats is the rear seats if the splash is great enough.. water comes off the bow and goes out and back.. I cant remember the last time I got spray in my boat though..

Oh yea...the eradicated milk...I used to drink that in Iraq :)

so in this pic, it shows waves rolling 0-1M from South to North, doesnt that mean if we are traveling East, that we will ride between the swells?View attachment 24678

More than likely with the wind forecast and gulf stream the waves could be following the direction you see on the map. This is not all bad though if the wind and waves are flowing the same direction as the gulf stream it could make for a smother ride even if we are taking the swell from an angle. When it gets real bad is when those factors are trying to fight the gulf stream those are the times you don't want to be out there.

I've always taken at least some splash in the boat. Sunglasses work fine though.

I always tell everyone to wear swim gear. That worked especially well last year since it was the first year we stopped in the middle for refueling the 19 footers. We used the time to swim in 3000 feet of water with no sight of land in any direction! I'm sure we will do that again this year for our 19'ers and jet skis.

I've always taken at least some splash in the boat. Sunglasses work fine though.

I always tell everyone to wear swim gear. That worked especially well last year since it was the first year we stopped in the middle for refueling the 19 footers. We used the time to swim in 3000 feet of water with no sight of land in any direction! I'm sure we will do that again this year for our 19'ers and jet skis.

We appreciate that:)

More than likely with the wind forecast and gulf stream the waves could be following the direction you see on the map.

You are correct. The Gulf Stream flows north..so you want seas flowing north..makes for smooth boating

OK, back from travel so now it's time to finish up last minute details!!! Let the games begin

Back