• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Shush... I'm still in Texas..be home tomorrow

I'm with still out of town as well hope to roll into Myrtle Beach late tomorrow night but not looking like I will get out of Columbia till Friday morning

I've always taken at least some splash in the boat. Sunglasses work fine though.

I always tell everyone to wear swim gear. That worked especially well last year since it was the first year we stopped in the middle for refueling the 19 footers. We used the time to swim in 3000 feet of water with no sight of land in any direction! I'm sure we will do that again this year for our 19'ers and jet skis.

I'll have extra fuel on the back of my ski, however under good conditions I didn't think I would have to refuel until I was there. Will the 19' boats really not make it on 1 tank? I didn't think 60 miles would be an issue for the boaters.

I'll have extra fuel on the back of my ski, however under good conditions I didn't think I would have to refuel until I was there. Will the 19' boats really not make it on 1 tank? I didn't think 60 miles would be an issue for the boaters.

Under ideal conditions it would be no problem. However, higher seas mean slower speed. Dipping below cruising speed or even worse being off plane will dramatically increase fuel usage. You could get there with plenty in your tank to cruise around or run out of fuel before you even see land.....depends on conditions

I was in Tampa all week. Wanted to just drive across to Lauderdale but realized I would be boatless... :banghead: and that's no good

Will the 19' boats really not make it on 1 tank? I didn't think 60 miles would be an issue for the boaters.

As mentioned above..weight, sea conditions, wind, speed, even type of fuel can effect consumption. Not to mention the (MY) AR192 sucks fuel almost TWICE as much as the NON supercharged. Like a Sailor on pass at the bar!

I still wish I could enough 192 owners to get in with me to have ECM re calibrated for better fuel mileage

I was in Tampa all week. Wanted to just drive across to Lauderdale but realized I would be boatless... :banghead: and that's no good

I'm in Tampa ! (Area)
I could have hooked you up.
We could have taken a little booze cruise.... My boat is in a wet slip until tomorrow...

I'm in Tampa ! (Area)
I could have hooked you up.
We could have taken a little booze cruise.... My boat is in a wet slip until tomorrow...

@tim h ,

How long in Tampa?..I live about an hour south down I-75....flying home tomorrow morning

Well on the jst ski forum I hang on as well these guys just went last weekend they had incredible crossing weather I hope we get so lucky. @andy07sx230ho you will see what I was talking about with the ski googles on here a couple of them are wearing them but their conditions across it wouldn't apear they needed them.

Ha..ha..I'm leaving like 7-8;00 A.M. on Saturday.....just sayin' :)

LOL...guess @Bruce doesn't think I can get all my chit done in 1.5 days....

Have I said the UPS/FEDEX guy knows me by name?
That I've gotten more boxes in last three weeks than 12 children get for Christmas (hope I did not offend anyone :) )

Coffee, beer, sex and a lack of sleep will make a man do strange things :)

Back