• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

@kthrash love your purchases!!! I actually got my wife to agree to let me get a marinized shotgun I claimed I needed last year even though I had no intent on taking it.

As others have said no need for them. Last year we went to a "locals" bar on the North end and had a few beers. RobA's women in his group were a bit uncomfortable and waited outside. Everyone was friendly and we had fun. No worries...

I'm pretty sure customs for the Bahama as you declare them and I'm not sure how that works

whats the general consensus on guns? I carry one every day and would like to have one on the boat with me, but the way the law reads once there I have to check it in with the police dept cause I dont have a locking compartment on the boat.. I actually bought a SS .45 1911 and a SS MArine Shotgun just for this trip but am seriously reconsidering bringing either of them..

Some of the Bimini Fling attendees in the past have been Law Enforcement employees and they don't feel the need to bring guns...
You should be just fine.

@Murf'n'surf
Where did you get that wave forecast ???

It's from a weather system on my work yacht. It is wxworx which uses Sirius Sat for receiving data.

My long range only goes to 11:59pm Friday. It doesn't change much....1.5 waves.

Dumb question of the day about completing the Bahamas Customs paperwork.

Should my family members be listed as Crew or Passengers?

No gun it is! Thanks. :)

Dumb question of the day about completing the Bahamas Customs paperwork.

Should my family members be listed as Crew or Passengers?
It doesn't matter, I always list mine as crew because no one gets to just ride.

Loaded up! Ready to roll out first thing in the AM!

image.jpg

So @andy07sx230ho you were asking about riding gear going across my daughter said this is how I should cross.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 10
Easy question - I remember reading somewhere about tipping folks with beer (which I'm a huge fan of). But, I'm not about to give up my hoards of Summer Shandy, so I plan on picking up some pisswater (bud light) to use as tipping fodder. So, as a beer tipper, what would the average tip be? AKA - how much of this swill should I plan on bringing?

Easy question - I remember reading somewhere about tipping folks with beer (which I'm a huge fan of). But, I'm not about to give up my hoards of Summer Shandy, so I plan on picking up some pisswater (bud light) to use as tipping fodder. So, as a beer tipper, what would the average tip be? AKA - how much of this swill should I plan on bringing?
I tip with a 12 pack also of bud light. At the Sands there seems to be less opportunity to tip but I still bring at least a 12 pack.

I tip with a 12 pack also of bud light. At the Sands there seems to be less opportunity to tip but I still bring at least a 12 pack.
Like you give a whole 12 pack out or just a few beers?

Like you give a whole 12 pack out or just a few beers?
It depends, if I want special trearment or someone really helps me out I will tip with the full 12 pack. Normally you have to beer tip on the down low.

So if i bring 4 12 packs i should be good for tipping?

Who do you tip?

Back