• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Mostly beer tip the dockmaster. I've used it to tip them for adjusting my dock lines. But that's for piers with no floating docks. The sands have floating docks, no need for adjustments.

Well at least the NOAA forecast is out and not looking to bad at all!

MONDAY EAST SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS AROUND 2 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Our dates have been selected!

This thread has been updated for the Bimini 2015 trip. It is important to notify me of your commitment to participate so that I can keep an accurate headcount. Please provide a contact cellular phone number, number of people on your boat, boat model/make. This personal information will only be shared by the few organizers of the event.

The dates have been changed to July to allow for a 15% discount/group rate that @Bruce arranged for our group at Bimini Sands. We need 15 rooms/condos for the group rate.

DATES
Captain's Meeting - 5PM July 5th at the BahiaMar pool. See this post https://jetboaters.net/posts/109946/
Departure for Bimini - 6am July 6th from the BahiaMar.
Departure for Ft. Lauderdale - 6am July 11th.

BAHIA MAR HOTEL IN FT. LAUDERDALE
Make your reservation for the BahiaMar hotel at 1-954-764-2233. Sorry, group rate policy was too strict make a group reservation at this hotel.

Make your reservation for your slip at the BahiaMar by calling or filling out the below form. There IS a group rate for the slips at $1.25/ft, no minimum. Their phone number is 954.627.6309. They are located at the BahiaMar hotel, but are a separate business. The group name is "Jet Boaters."

BIMINI SANDS CONDOS
The group name here is also "Jet Boaters." Make your reservation at the Bimini Sands by filling out the attached form and/or contacting them at 242.347.3500 (international call). If you are requesting a specific room, please call 242.347.3500. For general reservations you can call their toll free number at 800.737.1007. If you are emailing your reservation, please email the form to jonisha@southbiminisands.com or lavon@southbiminisands.com. Below you will find their discounted rates and their reservation form. The discount applies to your slip as well.

CUSTOMS
Please remember to fill out the customs form (also attached). We also hope to have the immigration forms available at the captain's meeting. The custom's form needs to be completed by the master of the vessel. This form should be downloaded and filled out prior to departure. Each person/family needs to fill out the immigration form but cannot be downloaded. More info on customs/immigration can be found at Bahamas.com/boating or http://www.bahamas.com/boating-enter-exit

PIGROAST
Last year we had a fabulous potluck/pigroast at honeymoon harbor. Everyone backed their boat up to the beach and put their spread on the swim decks. It was an awesome time and even included a couple of engagements!

@Bruce has already volunteered to supply the razorback ham!

Throw in with your menu, I'm already getting hungry!

https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-2015-potluck-pigroast.4412/

T-SHIRTS
Last year @andy07sx230ho put together some awesome t-shirts!

More info here
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-bimini-shirts.4413/

BIMINI INFO
Lots of helpful info about preparation and the destination is posted in the thread Preparing For Bimini https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/

THANKS
Thanks to @Bruce, @andy07sx230ho , and @justason for their help organizing all of this for our group!

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS
@upperdeck Unit 12A, from Milwaukee WI, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@andy07sx230ho, 7Q, from Chapin, SC, SX230, 4 adults
@Bruce, 21M, from Royal AR, SX230, 2 adults, 8 year old daughter, 5 year old son
@tim h 4Q, big ass boat, FL, 2 adults, 2 kids
@veedubtek and @DieselCamel, 1A, Winston Salem, NC, 4 adults
@chris24, 15B, from Tampa FL, 212SS, two people, maybe more.
@kthrash 8E and 8F, from Madison MS, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@robert843, 7B, From Myrtle Beach, SC info to follow
@Justin G., 3D, From Hinckley, IL, 4 adults, 1 child
@waterboy 15J, from Holly Springs, NC, 2 adults
@zedxmike, 12B, from Orlando, FL, 2 adults
@1948Isaac from Cape Coral, FL
@BigJay17 from Orlano, Fl, 2 adults, 3 kids
@Tony Sweasy, Enterprise, AL, 3 adults
@Kristen, info to come
@DiverB, Harrison TWP, Michigan, 1 adult
@ArmyChief, 21R, AR192, North Port, FL, 1 couples, 1 teens
@David Hoff, 16B & 16C, AR210, Atlanta, GA, 2 adults, 2 kids
@Ramblin Wreck, 4K, Ski, Atlanta, GA, 2 adults, 1 child.
@MrMoose, 10F, AR240, Spring, TX, 3 persons
@JROD , 12C, two adults, one ski

PICTURES FROM BIMINI 2014
@waterboy's pictures are in the gallery at https://jetboaters.net/media/albums/bimini-2014.134/
@Bruce and @Tylers pictures are in the gallery at https://jetboaters.net/media/albums/bimini-2014.120/

#Bimini2015

We have a Preparing For Bimini thread with useful information at https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/ (Added by Bruce)
Post lots of pics the wife and I are wanting to go next year

@1948Isaac from Cape Coral, FL
@BigJay17 from Orlano, Fl, 2 adults, 3 kids
@Tony Sweasy , Enterprise, AL, 3 adults
@Kristen , info to come
@DiverB , Harrison TWP, Michigan, 1 adult

Are you folks still coming with us ??
:winkingthumbsup"
Yes there will be five of us, two skis and one boat. We will be staying at the Bahia Mar in Ft Lauderdale and Bimini Sands...

Yes there will be five of us, two skis and one boat. We will be staying at the Bahia Mar in Ft Lauderdale and Bimini Sands...
That's awesome we are going to start gathering stuff we need and saving money to go next year. I have a ar192 any recomendations for the trip

You look ready to hold up a bank!
I can't say that around the Cindy (aka the wife), about 2 years ago the branch of the credit union she was working at was robbed. The funny part, if there is a funny part to a bank robbery, is Cindy was in the bathroom during the whole robbery and came out just as the robber was walking out the door.

Good luck and God speed to everyone. I will be with you in spirit and look forward to hearing the stories and looking at pics.

Wish I could have made it this year!

Just called a place out in Ft Lauderdale. Make sure you guys plan appropriately. They said the beach (Bahia Mar) is gonna be PACKED. Festivals, booze & bikini's....

I bought some new rods/reels. They came with cheap 6 lb mono. I also bought nice 15 lb braid. Can someone who is going help me remove and install new line???

I bought some new rods/reels. They came with cheap 6 lb mono. I also bought nice 15 lb braid. Can someone who is going help me remove and install new line???
Me and my buddy mike can help you.

Me and my buddy mike can help you.

Thanks so much...with working so much..I've got to allocate time accordingly. I researched how to do it (using mono first, then braid on top)..just don't have time today.

Anyone coming down I 75 in Georgia, keep an eye out for my mirror! Flew off my tower in the dark of the night...

Back