• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

@robert843 thanks for the video, I see the goggles and with the seas they had not sure they really needed them.

I'll have extra fuel on the back of my ski, however under good conditions I didn't think I would have to refuel until I was there. Will the 19' boats really not make it on 1 tank? I didn't think 60 miles would be an issue for the boaters.

You are correct. Not sure what ski you have but just about any of the newer four stroke skis should do this trip with out needing a refuel at sea. I plan to bring fuel as well as a pre caution and recomend you do as well but it would be highly unlikely to need it on the crossing.

I have in my possession one scupper wrench. If anyone would like me to bring it along, I would be happy to transfer it to you in Ft. Lauderdale.

I also have the equipment to read your Yamaha engines. I will bring that along also if anyone is interested.

You are correct. Not sure what ski you have but just about any of the newer four stroke skis should do this trip with out needing a refuel at sea. I plan to bring fuel as well as a pre caution and recommend you do as well but it would be highly unlikely to need it on the crossing.

Well I can tell you Freeport is only 10 miles further..and many of the ski's last year refueled half way

Well I can tell you Freeport is only 10 miles further..and many of the ski's last year refueled half way

Yes I know i saw the video and read about that trip but you guys were on the trip from hell lol ;). In the video it said it took over 6 hours to get to Freeport and yes if it takes us 6+ hours to get to Bimini not only will all skis need fuel but so will almost every boat but @tim h's boat I sure hope that doesn't happen.

Well what WASN'T in the video was the breakdowns on the trip over. With 4' swells...it rattled some stuff on the ski's

Well what WASN'T in the video was the breakdowns on the trip over. With 4' swells...it rattled some stuff on the ski's

A couple of the guy's on skis you went across with are on the the Jet Ski site I go to they did a full write on that trip and they did mention that in it. There was a lot they didn't put in the video. I also recall them getting lost somewhere after Freeport they got caught in a really bad rain storm going somewhere after free port and their GPS's were not working and it was raining so hard they had to stop on some random island or something. That trip by the write sounded like one heck of an adventure. Once again all things I pray that do not happen on this trip ;). Below is the links to the write up. Part one and two. It is an interesting read you are mentioned in the first paragraph @ArmyChief

http://watercraftjournal.com/gallery-jetski-junkies-grand-bahama-expedition-video/

http://watercraftjournal.com/gallery-jetski-junkies-grand-bahama-expedition-part-ii/

Anybody who is coming down I75, wave to me at Exit 111! Wish I could go.....wish I can make the Captains meeting to meet you all.

Good luck, have fun and may you all have smooth sailing ahead.

Anybody who is coming down I75, wave to me at Exit 111! Wish I could go.....wish I can make the Captains meeting to meet you all.

Good luck, have fun and may you all have smooth sailing ahead.

I'll wave..I'm @ exit 179

A couple of the guy's on skis you went across with are on the the Jet Ski site I go to they did a full write on that trip and they did mention that in it. There was a lot they didn't put in the video. I also recall them getting lost somewhere after Freeport they got caught in a really bad rain storm going somewhere after free port and their GPS's were not working and it was raining so hard they had to stop on some random island or something. That trip by the write sounded like one heck of an adventure. Once again all things I pray that do not happen on this trip ;). Below is the links to the write up. Part one and two. It is an interesting read you are mentioned in the first paragraph @ArmyChief

http://watercraftjournal.com/gallery-jetski-junkies-grand-bahama-expedition-video/

http://watercraftjournal.com/gallery-jetski-junkies-grand-bahama-expedition-part-ii/

I'll tell you..my years as a cub/Boy Scout...30 years Army, almost two years of research for the trip and the actual trip being BAD going over...really paid off.

I'm better because of it. I'm glad it wasn't like the ride back ( <1 seas...smooth as glass...WOT coming home..2:15 to get back!)

@andy07sx230ho
I believe it was you guys that had the Baby Shampoo "NO FOG"....
What is the mixing ratio for that ?? shampoo/water
Thanks !

@andy07sx230ho
I believe it was you guys that had the Baby Shampoo "NO FOG"....
What is the mixing ratio for that ?? shampoo/water
Thanks !
Yes sir, about a quarter Johnson's baby shampoo and 3/4's water. Put it in a spray bottle and mist the inside of your mask. We sometimes rinse the mixture out with sea water and sometimes leave it in, both work.

We will have plenty with us to share.

It's the waves for 20:00 tonight. I'll update if I get the future cast while I'm still onboard.

image.jpg

whats the general consensus on guns? I carry one every day and would like to have one on the boat with me, but the way the law reads once there I have to check it in with the police dept cause I dont have a locking compartment on the boat.. I actually bought a SS .45 1911 and a SS MArine Shotgun just for this trip but am seriously reconsidering bringing either of them..

whats the general consensus on guns? I carry one every day and would like to have one on the boat with me, but the way the law reads once there I have to check it in with the police dept cause I dont have a locking compartment on the boat.. I actually bought a SS .45 1911 and a SS MArine Shotgun just for this trip but am seriously reconsidering bringing either of them..
I've never been in a situation over there where I felt like I needed a gun, so if it was me I wouldn't bring any but you have to do want makes you feel good.

Back