• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Can't wait for some pics and vids. I'm wishing y'all the best out there.

They must all be held up in customs. Have a terrific time you guys!

Got some bad news to report, 2 boats took on water and had to be rescued and towed back, mine was one, and an AR 210, Mine is toast, water above and in the engines, electronics all fried. The forecast was 1.6' but when we got out of the Harbour it was more like 5-7'. Tow boat guy told me the wind had really kicked up about 30 minutes prior to our departure. During the rescues with towboatus and the coast guard, the rest of the armada came back in the Harbour and I believe made a second attempt a few hours later. I have not heard if they made it yet.

Last edited:
My crew is safe and sound back on dry land and trying to figure out our next move. My BIL got a separated shoulder for his troubles but should be fine.

I hope you're kidding but I fear you aren't. This secures the fact that my kids are not going next year.

Oh damn! That sucks! Glad to hear that you made it back safely but damn!!!

Oh man! Here's all the prayers and mojo that I've got coming your way. Terrible news :(

5-7'ers is no joke. 3-4 would have been a painful trip.

You guys I'm with yous!
I want to do this next year.... just a long ride from NY :-(

I am trying to convince the wife to go. She is nervous to go with two small kids.

I figure it will be a 24 hour drive. We can get a caravan from the NE people and head down. Me gots some smooth talking to do before next year.

wow. Sorry to hear the bad news, but glad to hear he damage is only to vessels and no one is hurt.
Wish everyone trying again a safe passage.
I had though about joining up next year, but if I do it will not be with the SX192.

Unfortunately I am not joking. But all are alive. Boats and stuff can be replaced. Thank you insurance. I will say the boat stayed afloat full of gear and water up past the seats. Took over an hour to pump it out and another half hour to drain it the rest of the way.

Unfortunately I am not joking. But all are alive. Boats and stuff can be replaced. Thank you insurance.

Aww man, I am so sorry to hear this. Thank God everyone is ok, like you said that is the important thing. Hopefully we can learn from what happened this time to avoid it in the future. 5-7' waves would be very scary.

We had what must have been the toughest crossing ever. Everyone is safe but two boats had to be towed back to Fort Lauderdale. Several others ran out of fuel. I believe the crossing was more than four hours.

What happened to the others that ran out of fuel? Did they refill before the second crossing attempt?

I'm really sorry to hear about the others and hope everything works out OK. I'm curious about the details and logistics of what went down.

Did anyone backout before the attempt was made?

@kthrash Sorry to hear about your troubles! As you said, things can be replaced...that fact that you got all souls home is the key. Best wishes as you pick up the pieces and move forward.

Good on Omarf4 from THT for any help he may have given.

Damn, i feel for you all... Sorry to hear about the loss

Back