• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Dam, @kthrash , was hoping that wasn't you.

Definitely a brutal crossing. The 3 boats that ran out of fuel (mine included), ran out in front of the entrance to bimini sands, so no huge deal there. @andy07sx230ho towed us in to the fuel dock.

I believe it was 4 1/2 hours to cross the second time we attempted. Even with the really shitty day, it's all worth it. No regrets.

@kthrash, was yours the only one that swamped? THT snip reads on someone limping back, did they recover for the 2nd attempt?

so sorry to hear that happened to you/family, beautiful boat yours is !

Hope your BIL makes out as the day progresses...and in the end nothing catastrophic to human life took place.

Damn guys, I hope it all gets better from here! Glad everyone is safe.

Mine and an AR210 from GA swamped.

THT mentions a kid(s) overboard. Holy shit that would be terrifying.

how'd the waverunners make out ?.....

My crew abandoned ship and got on someone else's boat. Pretty sure those were the kids mentioned. Whoever picked my family up thank you very much, please let me know who you are. I believe it was a 242 with a guy named Toby on it???

My crew abandoned ship and got on someone else's boat. Pretty sure those were the kids mentioned. Whoever picked my family up thank you very much, please let me know who you are. I believe it was a 242 with a guy named Toby on it???

Did you stay with it?

At least it was controlled. I can't imagine someone falling out.

So glad you guys are ok.

Did you stay with it?
yes I stayed on board. Thank god for VHF, backup VHF, tow boat us and the coast guard.

Did any 240/230 take any waves over the bow?

And how did any other 210/212 do?

My 242 took tons over the bow the first attempt. Realized on the way back my bilge was locked up, and bought a replacement. Still got some when we did finally cross, but nothing crazy.

The 192 burned retarded amounts of fuel and still ran out when we did at the sands. I think he added an extra 20 on the way?

When my electronis fried, the bilges stopped it was all over then.

I have been trying to look at the apps and at passageweather.com but can't find anything that mentions the type of waves you guys were mentioning.
guess not too reliable huh.

Back