• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

@DieselCamel Thats a lot of water running across the floor! It looks relatively innocent in the pictures, but I'm sure they don't do it justice.

Glad everyone is ok.

@DieselCamel Thats a lot of water running across the floor! It looks relatively innocent in the pictures, but I'm sure they don't do it justice.

Glad everyone is ok.

Was a hell of a ride... I took a few pictures.. But was almost impossible later on.

lets hope someone had a go pro set up and get to see some footage of the trip.

Already had a run in with Capt Ron and his exquisuit skills driving the Saratoga.... I can't keep my mouth shut and when I see people talking out their ass I had to jump in and say my 2 cents worth. By the looks of the pictures it does not look like anything I myself would not have gone out in. May not have been going very fast but it would have gotten done.

Zero interest in getting into a pointless internet flame war. BUT, I would have no problem with comments about risks inherent in making open ocean passages with a <25' bowrider... OTOH, the reflexive cheap shots at the propulsion system (as if that had anything to do with the guys' troubles today) really chap my ass!

wow, now that is beautiful boating water.

I just hope he is smart enough to get my Capt Ron reference when he tried to point out that I didnt know what a small craft advisory was... he thinks his 38' Bertram is not a small craft so I had to educate the ignorance and inform him his boat was a small craft too...

Happy to hear everyone is safe. Also happy that you all were able to turn around and not get stuck further out and no way back...God bless...

@kthrash I'll have to admit that has been the scariest news I've read in many yrs. So glad you all are ok. You all have definitely been in all our thoughts & prayers of those of us that couldn't make it this yr. Not being too far from you guys in Southeast Ga, I wanted to reach out to you guys that had to get towed in. If I can help with anything, yall please feel free to give me a shout. I'll try anyway I can.

@kthrash , same here as @ACrews, I'm in Augusta Ga. If you need a break on the way home, you've got a place to stay. We have the space for you, wouldnt be a problem. If we can do anything else, say the Word.
-Andy

Glad to hear everyone is ok. Following closely from here on out...

I was the AR210 that flooded. As we were taking on some big waves, and the we hit seeweed that clogged jets. We could not maeuver around the waves and the front of the boat went under. After putting in reverse, both engines shut down with hydrolock. Thanks to everyone for radioed in for us; Coast Guard was there super fast. After we got the kids safely off, we watched the 2500 gpm aux blige pump (and main stock pump) work their hearts out, for about 30 minutes as the boat got tossed around. Needless to say everything on boat was floating.

I shouldn't have put a heavy cooler I'm front. Painful less learned. Coast guard was super awesome and BoatUS insurance covered getting back to Harborytown. I'm just getting on shared comptuer as we all lost the tablets, laptops, computers , etc...

I pulled spark plugs at dock, and it was like niagra falls coming out of the motors. We went to Riva motors sports to see if they could help, but it was 4 days before they could even look at things.

Regardless, all kids and family are safe. Hope you guys have a better time.

Hey guys... sorry to hear of the news of a few of your group. I am looking to cross on Wednesday morning myself. Is there anyone else going over that morning? I'm not a jetboat owner but have a small center console. I thought I read someone say, see you all Wednesday... I wouldn't mind tagging along with a couple other boats if someone is going. I am leaving out of Lauderdale.

David Smith
407-720-2937

I was the AR210 that flooded...

I pulled spark plugs at dock, and it was like niagra falls coming out of the motors. We went to Riva motors sports to see if they could help, but it was 4 days before they could even look at things.

Regardless, all kids and family are safe. Hope you guys have a better time.

Very sorry to hear of your ordeal...that has got to be heartbreaking. Seems like your priorities are straight. Stay strong and best wishes to you and your family.

Hey guys... sorry to hear of the news of a few of your group. I am looking to cross on Wednesday morning myself. Is there anyone else going over that morning? I'm not a jetboat owner but have a small center console. I thought I read someone say, see you all Wednesday... I wouldn't mind tagging along with a couple other boats if someone is going. I am leaving out of Lauderdale.

David Smith
407-720-2937

I think it was @1948Isaac headig over on Wednesday.

Thanks @GiddYupJoe ... hopefully he sees my message and we could buddy boat over just in case. There's another group going over Thursday... I don't mind riding solo but another boat in sight sure eases the heart rate.

I rode solo last year and didn't pass a single boat.

The weather is great here. The water is even more beautiful than last year.
So was there a super early group that didn't have the problems of the bigger waves that the later group got into? I saw the early morning pics that you posted this morning and it was well before 6:45am, even for your time zone.

We all left the docks at Bahia Mar at 6:00 and headed out to Bimini. There is a few miles of no wake zone before exiting Port Everglades.

The exit from Port Everglades has a lot of water and boat movement. It gets really choppy.

@kthrash was near the back of the pack. When he took on water those of us ahead of him slowed down or stopped expecting that he would recover and rejoin the group. @Tony Sweasy picked up Ktrash's crew. @andy07sx230ho volunteered to stay behind and come over after Kthrash's boat had been recovered.

As the group moved ahead @David Hoff's boat was swamped. @tim_h stayed with him until help arrived.

We all went back into Port Everglades to refuel and regroup.

Then we set off for round two which will need to be documented. It was long and tedious but we made it. I hate it that two families did not make it to Bimini but am very happy that they are safe.

How far out did you guys make it before the boat got swamped?

Back