• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 good idea, i'm in the "same boat" as you!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone else still have one of these in their wallet? I passed mine on to Gavin for his wallet today.

BiminiSandsKey.jpg

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also...would it be possible to get a separate thread with a checklist, and tips sticky'd in this forum for Bimini? Bimini has a lot of special requirements (both equipment, and procedures).
@Charles attached is a document I've put together with a bunch of useful information. @Bruce @Charles has a good idea, could there be a thread stuck to the top of the Gathering section that will hold just the Bimini information. I would be more than happy to help fill the thread with information.

Attachments

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
saved to desktop Andy TY

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here is the video of my friends who went a few weeks ago My wife and i where supposed to go but weather threats and other things made it unrealistic but they had great weather.

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Think we may be in for this trip next year! We have 4 adults now, hoping to get 2 more to split a 2 bedroom + loft or something similar...and split the gas three ways :winkingthumbsup"

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
when do we need to make reservations everywhere..

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
when do we need to make reservations everywhere..
@kthrash once the definitive trip dates are set, probably in January 2015, then reservations can be made. You will have plenty of time to get what you want, especially if you make your reservation by at least April 1st.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
awesome! I already have all my Boat supplies (VHF built in and hand held, NAV, Flags, GoPro's, etc...) Just waiting to make reservations..

How do the people with painted trailers get their boats in/out of the water? is there a fork lift capable marina close by? I really don't want to dunk my trailer.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
awesome! I already have all my Boat supplies (VHF built in and hand held, NAV, Flags, GoPro's, etc...) Just waiting to make reservations..
How do the people with painted trailers get their boats in/out of the water? is there a fork lift capable marina close by? I really don't want to dunk my trailer.
In the past some have used Thunderboat marina, http://www.thunderboatmarinecenter.com/ but after last year it sounds like they might not be offering that service anymore.

Those that don't mind dipping their trailer launch from the public ramps adjacent to Harbour Towne Marina, http://www.harbourtownemarina.net/index.html. I am not sure if anyone has ever checked with Harbour Towne about lift/launch/recover their boat, might be worth a call to find out.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a list of marinas that appear to offer fork lift launching services. If you confirm that one of them will handle the launch for you please let everyone else know. Thanks

http://www.aamcmarina.com/rates/
http://www.banyanbaymarina.net/rates.html
http://boathousemc.com
http://www.lighthousemarina.com/marina-features/general-rates
http://www.billfishmarina.com/Yard_Rates.html
http://www.playboymarine.com/rates/

Chris-MS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are the any tentative dates for us to consider? We tried our best to make the 2014 trip, but we could not make it work. I really want this to happen for us. And farout planning is going to be crucial for us (me). Thanks guys! Hope to meet all of you in June!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Chris-MS, I believe @upperdeck is planning for the third week of June.

@upperdeck, is it too early to set dates for you to lead our trip to paradise?

Chris-MS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So June 14th through 20th, give or take a few days on either end?

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
works for us!

on a side note, IF the weather for the week looks great would anyone be interested in pushing on to exumas?

Chris-MS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As much as I would love to push on to Exumas, it is not in the cards for us. Having a 10 & 8 year old with us, I just would not feel comfortable with it just yet. But I would be open to discuss a destination (with fuel) 50+/- miles from Bimini. Is Nassau worth a look?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Greg M, @Chris-MS I started a new thread with information on the distances from Bimini to Exhuma at Big Majors Cay - The Exhumas.

I have every intention of making this trip someday and my family pretty much insists on it.

For me, arriving in Bimini and simply being able to enjoy this beautiful area how we wanted and when we wanted, really made the trip. The crossing from Fort Lauderdale to Bimini and the return are the stressful parts of the trip. Relaxing in and around Bimini is the fun part. Fort Lauderdale to Bimini is approximately 60 miles. Round trip to the Exhumas would be 452 additional miles burning over $1600 of fuel. I believe that it would be enjoyable if the water was nice and you had time to make the trip at an enjoyable pace. Kevin and Corrie's Exhuma trip seems too quick to me. They were traveling every day. I guess the question is whether you are looking for an adventure of crossing the ocean or to relax and enjoy the Caribbean.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anyone else still have one of these in their wallet? I passed mine on to Gavin for his wallet today.

View attachment 13102
Funny you say. I was lookin for somethin in my wicked awesome boat today and found one in the cupholder. Why?

Last edited: