• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

We are in planning mode. I am going to put new tires on the boat trailer this month. We have our passports. Boat should be good for the winter. Need to double check insurance coverage. Need to purchase BoatTow coverage for trip. What else do I need to be considering at this time?
Here are a few things:
  • Coast Guard approved visual distress signaling device, checkout the last 2 pages of the document for approved devices, http://www.uscgboating.org/fedreqs/default.html.
  • Marine radio. Handheld will be sufficient and plus that is what is used to communicate with other in the Jetboaters group while on land.
  • Yellow quarantine flag
  • Bahamas courtesy flag

last dates mentioned was 14th-21st?

that would be perfect for my crew, or the week after.

last dates mentioned was 14th-21st?

that would be perfect for my crew, or the week after.

Those particular dates are what works for me so far. I'll know more in January. But, if we follow the previous year's schedules, we meet on a Sunday for a Captain's meeting, cross on a Monday, cross back on a Saturday. This allows the weekends for traveling.

Using that criteria...

Captain's meeting June 14
Cross to Bimini June 15
Cross to US June 20

It has been a great morning!!! The wife finally agreed to make the crossing. I found the web site by watching the videos on youtube and have been trying to convince her to go since and it worked. Incredibly excited about the trip. Something to look forward to before going to the Shelbyville trip. When do the dates typically get set in stone so we can make reservations? If there is anything we can help with as far as planning is concerned please let me know.

@Justin G., Upperdeck has the most experience and is our leader for this trip. He will determine the final schedule in January which leaves us plenty of time to make reservations.

Are you bringing your kid(s). We brought our 7 and 4 year olds last year and they had a great time. Out 7 year old really enjoyed snorkeling while our 4 year old enjoyed the beaches, infinity pool and fishing.

I am hoping to bring the kids but the wife is a little reluctant do to the large body of water we are crossing. We have all of the necessary safety equipment so pretty sure she will cave as the time gets closer and she looks at more pictures of the islands. They love playing on the beaches on the Mississippi river we usually boat at and would have a blast in the clear waters. With all of the trips happening this summer, I am going to have to pull the boat out of storage early to start mods. Can't wait.

This one is longer and shows more of Bimini

Tried this afternoon to look at rooms at Bimini Sands Resort and found this; Not me, the co-owner!

To all my friends and homeowners:

It is with great sadness and concern that I must confirm that I am no longer directly involved in the development and management of Bimini Sands.

My 51% partner, Rupert Roberts, with whom I joined hands in a gentleman’s agreement 18 years ago, has taken control of the project with a plan that I refuse to support. His statement to me that payroll was exorbitant and must be reduced by 50% will leave all of management and many of the loyal employees jobless and will significantly reduce homeowners investment values.

There are over $100,000.00 in unpaid bills in the United States related to Bimini Sands for which I am personally liable which are not being paid by Bimini Sands.

As a minority partner, I have no recourse within the business structure. Accordingly, I have removed myself.

Thank you all for making the last 18 years a wonderful experience.

Sincerely yours,

Frank J. Cooney Sr.

Not sure what is going on at Bimini Sands, but we need to pay attention to this!

Tried this afternoon to look at rooms at Bimini Sands Resort and found this; Not me, the co-owner!

To all my friends and homeowners:

It is with great sadness and concern that I must confirm that I am no longer directly involved in the development and management of Bimini Sands.

My 51% partner, Rupert Roberts, with whom I joined hands in a gentleman’s agreement 18 years ago, has taken control of the project with a plan that I refuse to support. His statement to me that payroll was exorbitant and must be reduced by 50% will leave all of management and many of the loyal employees jobless and will significantly reduce homeowners investment values.

There are over $100,000.00 in unpaid bills in the United States related to Bimini Sands for which I am personally liable which are not being paid by Bimini Sands.

As a minority partner, I have no recourse within the business structure. Accordingly, I have removed myself.

Thank you all for making the last 18 years a wonderful experience.

Sincerely yours,

Frank J. Cooney Sr.

Not sure what is going on at Bimini Sands, but we need to pay attention to this!
Thanks for sharing. This adds some clarity to what was posted on their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/BiminiSands

Fortunately there is a lot of time for this to be worked out before June.

Lets hope that they can their "hiccups" taken care of before June. This is the only thing getting us through the cold, crapy winter weather.

There are plenty of other places to stay in Bimini. Bimini Sands is one of the nicest and certainly too nice to close down.

I fished around the old interweb and found several forums discussing this. It appears from what I saw a few owners say nothing more than a management change and it should be for the better. Apparently there where several home owners over complaining about the way something's where being handled. Once again nothing I personally know or have confined with anyone I know just what I found out trolling around from what appeared to be owners of units there or people who have close ties to the resort.

They need an improved dock master. Someone with a kinder,gentler approach to the preservation of boats,jelcoat, and the sanctuary of a rented slip...

But i'm not angry....

Some customer service issues where raised in the other forums as well but not sure what the resolutions with the those will be. If you google search bimini sands management you will find a bunch of boating and fishing forums discussing this and many of them seem to have some more insider info through owners, employees or people who are there now.

It is fine to post links to content on other forums.

We are making plans to make the trip. Our boat will most likely consist of;

Chris-45
Cindy-39 wife
Kerrin-47 sister
Samuel-10 son
Sarah Katherine-8 daughter

My kids have asked if there are any other children making the trip?

Back