• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

I did not see any concerns at all with last year and that was even spending time exploring North Bimini, so I didn't bring anything and never felt the need. That being said, I did discuss it with my wife last year and she approved the purchase of a Mossberg Mariner. I ended up using that purchase approval on something else though. The Mariner would have been sweet though :)

timthumb.php

What is her objection?

She is worried she would get motion sick... I can make her sick if we tube or wake board and turn a lot. I would have to drug her to get her to cross the ocean... I am still working on it though... Maybe i can convince her

She is worried she would get motion sick... I can make her sick if we tube or wake board and turn a lot. I would have to drug her to get her to cross the ocean... I am still working on it though... Maybe i can convince her

The crossings to and from Bimini are perpendicular to the waves so it is a feeling of up and down with impact instead of the side to side roll that typically causes sea sickness.

Is it still considered kidnapping if you force your wife to go on vacation? Just tell her you are going out for dinner and keep driving.
You can always fly over and join in on some of the boating with other members.

The other concern my wife has is what is the water like around Bimini? Wavy? She's ok with Lake boating when we are driving around, but if we stop, we have to find a protected cove with no waves....

The other concern my wife has is what is the water like around Bimini? Wavy? She's ok with Lake boating when we are driving around, but if we stop, we have to find a protected cove with no waves....

@jlcj7, this may help you as well.

The water around Bimini is much calmer than the gulf stream. I watched the wave forecasts a lot in anticipation of the trip last year and never saw larger than 1 foot waves forecast for Bimini even when there were 5+ footers out in the middle.

Watch this video that @upperdeck recorded at the Sapona several miles south of Bimini on the Monday of our arrival. The Sapona is completely exposed so this is what you would have experienced boating around the island.

And this is at Honeymoon Harbor on the Wednesday. Honeymoon harbor is sheltered. I remember hitting a few one footers on the way from Bimini Sands to Honeymoon harbor but once we were there the water was calm.

If your wives did get over there and decide that they could not handle the waves the beach, pools and bar at Bimini Sands should make them very happy. There is a tennis court as well if it is not being used as helipad again.

Watching the shaky drone video that I shot will get you more motion sick than any water over there!

Watching the shaky drone video that I shot will get you more motion sick than any water over there!

I show that "shaky" drone video to everyone!

I believe the wave conditions, or lack there of, we experienced during the 2014 trip was the exception not the rule. Here is the breakdown of what I have experienced over the 4 years of going/attempting to go. The below information is about the conditions while crossing. Once in Bimini the waves will typically be smaller than what was experienced crossing, the islands, shallow water, and sand bars keeps them knock down.

I'm providing this information so people can make a good decision about going. I don't want the great conditions of 2014 to lull people into a false sense of comfort. The limiting factor on dealing with the waves is the people in the boat not the boat itself.

Going over was unbelievably smooth, smoothest to date. The first half was like glass and the second half was 0-1' chop, we made it over in 1hr 40min.
Coming home was a different story. The seas were easy 3-5' swells, no rollers. Since our boats bob on top of the water not plow throw the water, the ride home was a continous battle of trying not to get tossed around.

Trip cancelled due to Tropical Storm Debbie. The gulf stream was so rough that none of the charter fishing boats would go out. Also, heard the seas were around 12-15' in the gulf stream.

Going over the seas where 3-5' rollers that we were heading into, also the wind was blowing 10-15 mph at us. The ride there took a little over 3 hours compared to the norml 2 hours. The ride was very rough, a lot of pounding, the boats handled it easily, however the passengers were a little beat up and sore.
Coming home the seas where the same 3-5' rollers but this time we were going with them. Riding with the waves allowed us to make good time home, just over 2 hours but we were still beaten up and sore once back in the states.

Going and coming was the same, seas 1-2' or less.

@andy07sx230ho, do you remember the months when those trips occurred? I read somewhere that the water tends to get rougher later in the summer.

We certainly had amazing water last year. Way better than I expected.

@andy07sx230ho, do you remember the months when those trips occurred? I read somewhere that the water tends to get rougher later in the summer.

We certainly had amazing water last year. Way better than I expected.
2011 - late July
2012 - mid June
2013 - mid July
2014 - late June

Great videos!!! Truly enjoyed them. Where can I find 1 and 2? I just finished watching ten75k's videos on YouTube. I assume he was with you guys and his are of a different series. Man I am so hoping this happens for us this year. Planning a way as if it will! Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Great videos!!! Truly enjoyed them. Where can I find 1 and 2? I just finished watching ten75k's videos on YouTube. I assume he was with you guys and his are of a different series. Man I am so hoping this happens for us this year. Planning a way as if it will! Keeping fingers crossed. :)
Youtube ten75k is known here as @justason. Hope it works out that you can make the 2015 trip.

Youtube ten75k is known here as @justason. Hope it works out that you can make the 2015 trip.

thanks @Chris-MS I was just looking over everyone vids last night as well. I used the tag jetboaters.net in the video details, I think most did. This may narrow down a search.
part 1
part 2

Here's my YouTube playlist for my Bimini videos from last year. Check them out. I went in my AR192 and I am ABSOLUTELY DYING TO GO AGAIN and this thread is NOT helping!:D:(

http://tinyurl.com/kopyyyu

Since there is already talk of Bimini 2015 on the Bimini 2014 thread, it's time to start a dedicated 2015 thread.

Dates being discussed so far center around June 2015. My personal preference is for the third week.

I will keep the first post updated with the dates we decide upon and committed boats.

Let the 50+ page
Since there is already talk of Bimini 2015 on the Bimini 2014 thread, it's time to start a dedicated 2015 thread.

Dates being discussed so far center around June 2015. My personal preference is for the third week.

I will keep the first post updated with the dates we decide upon and committed boats.

Let the 50+ page discussion begin!

#Bimini2015
what do I have to do to enter into the bimini 2015 trip?

Back