• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

I'm Booked! we will have 4 adults and 4 kids.. Kids are (3) girls all 13 almost 14 and one boy 10

Bahia Mar Arrival July 4 Departing July 6 (if anyone else it going to be there for July 4th we plan on a night time cruise to watch the fireworks. )
Bimini Sands Arrival July 6 departing July 11

Anyone figure out the painted trailer thing? I really dont want to dip mine if I can avoid it.

I listed some places that might be willing to lift your boat into the water in the Preparing for Bimini thread.

I believe we will be there for the 4th as well. Bahai Mar is located on the intercoastal waterway which is closer to a road than a lake. Last year Fort Lauderdale's fireworks show was on the beach a half mile north of Bahai Mar. I believe it would be difficult to find space to anchor and watch the fireworks on the intercoastal. The Atlantic is the only large pool of water near the fireworks. If the water happens to to be smooth enough it will be a 4.7 mile boat ride from Bahai Mar to anchor in front of the beach where the fireworks will be launched. Most likely we will cross the highway and walk up the beach to the fireworks show. On the map below the two end points are Bahai Mar and the site of last years fireworks.

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 10.13.07 AM.png

Well I have to pass this year... too many irons in the fire. I am committed to have my Bronco finished by April 2016 for several Ford Bronco 50th Anniversary events etc. and have about 20K to spend on it between now and then so funds are going to be tight for much else. Hopefully I will be in on 2016. I only hope I can squeeze enough money loose to enjoy the boat this summer.. one thing that is helping is the lower fuel, I am sure we are all hoping that the lower prices continue through the summer...

Just called the Bahia Mar for a slip reservation. What I was told is that if you want to reserve a slip for July 4th it is $5 per foot and 2 day minimum at that price. To reserve just the July 5th slip, it is $1.25 per foot.

@Englewoodcowboy, sorry you can't make it but it sounds like you have a fun project on your hands. Please start a thread and post pictures if you have not.

@andy07sx230ho, I expect that the launch ramps will be very busy on the 4th as well. I know some members parked their trucks and boats near Bahai Mar the day before launching last year. Do you know what the boat and trailer parking is like there?

@Englewoodcowboy, sorry you can't make it but it sounds like you have a fun project on your hands. Please start a thread and post pictures if you have not.

@andy07sx230ho, I expect that the launch ramps will be very busy on the 4th as well. I know some members parked their trucks and boats near Bahai Mar the day before launching last year. Do you know what the boat and trailer parking is like there?
In 2012 when our trip got cancelled by Tropical Storm Debbie, we ended up parking on the north side of the hotel (near the tennis courts) which had plenty of parking for our vehicles with the trailer remaining attached. Hopefully, the 4th of July won't cause that parking lot to be filled up.

upload_2015-1-20_12-17-42.png

Make sure you get to the Bahia Mar well before they close around 5 or 6, I think, with enough time to No-Wake yourself to your slip. If you get there and they assign your slip, then close the office, you will run into an issue if someone is already in your assigned slip.

Last year they tried to put me and @upperdeck in the same slip. I ended up just taking one down the way but was freaking out since it wasnt my assigned slip.

Also if it rains the night before, give yourself enough time in the morning to let your bilge empty your boat. I had a bunch of water in the front since we were loaded down so much. I had 3 of my crew on the swim deck the whole ride over to the gas dock so the water would drain to the engine bay.

Also and most importantly... make sure you close your gas cap after you are done fueling. Very easy to get side tracked with everything that is going on around you.

Best of luck to @DieselCamel this time, I hope it goes much better than last year!

Last edited:
We are booked into 21M at Bimini Sands and at Bahai Mar for the 4th and 5th. We are going to hit the grocery store and launch our boat on the 5th.

@RobA, will we see you in Bimini this year? Thanks to you and @justason for booking us into a slip. We were running late and did not know that the marina closed!

I just called 5 marinas, none of them will dry launch a boat (from a painted trailer) on the weekend of July 4th, most will be closed on the 3rd - 6th.. Just a heads up if you have a painted trailer. I guess I really dont have a choice so will try my best to rinse it when I get it out.

I guess I really dont have a choice so will try my best to rinse it when I get it out.

I launched and recovered my LX210 with its galvanized trailer in Biloxi. I took the trailer and washed it thoroughly after launch and then again after recovery. I did not have any problems but I sold the boat and trailer less than a year later.

Having a galvanized trailer now makes salt water less stressful but even galvanized trailers will fail after enough salt water usage.

If you can borrow or upgrade to a galvanized trailer before the trip it will remove stress and work from the trip.

We are booked into 21M at Bimini Sands and at Bahai Mar for the 4th and 5th. We are going to hit the grocery store and launch our boat on the 5th.

@RobA, will we see you in Bimini this year? Thanks to you and @justason for booking us into a slip. We were running late and did not know that the marina closed!

I think all of the credit goes to @justason... haha I didnt check you in. :) But it is very important to know that they do indeed close!

I will not be in Bimini this year because we are getting married in Sept. In the spirit of Bimini we are doing a destination wedding to Punta Cana :)

We just went to visit to plan things and I will say that the water is way more blue in Bimini!

Maybe next year!

I will not be in Bimini this year because we are getting married in Sept.

While I agree that your wedding is more important than going to Bimini, might I suggest a wedding in July at the same spot that you got engaged? There would be plenty of friendly boats around to ferry guests :D

@RobA Congrats again and we are going to miss you this year!!! Punta Cana will be a blast. Doug and I (and our significant others) are going there in March for a work trip. Maybe you should plan another scouting trip!!!

I think all of the credit goes to @justason... haha I didnt check you in. :) But it is very important to know that they do indeed close!

I will not be in Bimini this year because we are getting married in Sept. In the spirit of Bimini we are doing a destination wedding to Punta Cana :)

We just went to visit to plan things and I will say that the water is way more blue in Bimini!

Maybe next year!

Hey ya'll. after chatting it up with barbara last night I believe we will be skipping the bimini trip this year . We dont want to commit just yet and combined with the holiday traffic/reservations stuff we figgured we'd explore someplace else this year. I was hoping shelbyville but was told that place is filling up quickly as well

We'll continue to evaluate it and see if anything changes.....
Signed: yours in boating
Sad eric

Hey ya'll. after chatting it up with barbara last night I believe we will be skipping the bimini trip this year . We dont want to commit just yet and combined with the holiday traffic/reservations stuff we figgured we'd explore someplace else this year. I was hoping shelbyville but was told that place is filling up quickly as well

We'll continue to evaluate it and see if anything changes.....
Signed: yours in boating
Sad eric
BOO and BUMMER. You and your family will be missed. See you next year in Bimini.

I am already working on him ( @justason ) coming with me. I may have an open space on my boat. Help me out here guys!!! :thumbsup:

@justason, it will not be the same without you!

We are trying to book the slip for the 5th, decided $5 a foot for 2 nights is slightly expensive, but they will not let us book. They told me it has to go throughout the coordinator. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Bruce to tag @upperdeck

Last edited by a moderator:
We are trying to book the slip for the 5th, decided $5 a foot for 2 nights is slightly expensive, but they will not let us book. They told me it has to go throughout the coordinator. Any help would be much appreciated.

Upperdeck setup the discount on slips. You might try calling Sasha Morel at 954 627 6309 to make your reservation or completing the form that is attached to the first post and email or fax it to her. The discount is only for the night of the 5th.

Sasha emailed me and said that the discount/group rate must be submitted via the form on the first page of this thread.

Back