• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

are children arriving by private vessel required to have a passport?

Yes, everyone has to have a passport. It is much cheaper to get them early than to wait and pay the expedite fees!

@1948Isaac, I know that Bimini in a group is a little tame by your standards but will you and your family join us this year?

@Bruce thanks the wife and I have them just didn't even think about getting her one but I knew a lot of new rules where in place including children required to have them for international flights.

I'm in! I will probably have 2 to 3 crew on the boat and two people with jet skis... Does any one know how many people the condos at Bimini Sands will hold? I have a couple maybe's that might come along, but won't know until last minute. Most of us are in the Army or retired Army... They can make due and sleep almost anywhere! LOL

@Tony Sweasy. The one bed condos have a queen size bed and a couch that may or may not fold out into a bed. The one bed with a lofts have a queen size bed plus a full or two single beds in a loft with partial walls and a couch. They have two bedrooms units that have a king and a queen in separate rooms some of which also have lofts.

How many boats are going at this point?

It is so early in the process that it is hard to tell. I believe that 34 boats have expressed interest and 12 boats plus 3 or 4 skis have posted confirmation that they are going.

@Tony Sweasy. The one bed condos have a queen size bed and a couch that may or may not fold out into a bed. The one bed with a lofts have a queen size bed plus a full or two single beds in a loft with partial walls and a couch. They have two bedrooms units that have a king and a queen in separate rooms some of which also have lofts.
Thanks for the info. I will book next month after reconfirming with the people that said they were certain and any add-ons can sleep on air mattresses. My group, it will just be my boat and 1 maybe two jetskis.

I just called 5 marinas, none of them will dry launch a boat (from a painted trailer) on the weekend of July 4th, most will be closed on the 3rd - 6th.. Just a heads up if you have a painted trailer. I guess I really dont have a choice so will try my best to rinse it when I get it out.
I didn't read all of the posts after this so sorry if you figured out something else.. I would spray the entire trailer down with cooking spray or something like that if you are concerned about dipping it, then just wash it good . It would have to help some..

Hi, we are Mike and Elena.
We are in for this trip. Picking up my boat next week and this is the kind of stuff we were looking for. This is our first boat but have been deep sea fishing since I was a kid. We are very excited about this and look forward to meeting members.

zedx is a reference to a Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle in Europe. I used to have a couple several years ago and the name just stuck.

Btw, these dates right after the 4th saves me 2 grand in cash bonus for next year if we do it. Well, gains me i guess you would say. I get a bonus as manager of the fireworks store. Lose it if i leave anytime the montg before the 4th

Eric @justason ,
My effort to get you on our trip to Bimini ...
We would be happy if you and your family would join us on our boat this year !
Whadya think ??

:thumbsup:

What do you think fellas should they hop on board with me ??

Eric @justasonWhat do you think fellas should they hop on board with me ??

I believe the @justason crew is close to jumping in with their boat. We just need to keep enticing him. Perhaps the fact that I am brining a margarita maker to Honeymoon Harbor will help?

I believe the @justason crew is close to jumping in with their boat. We just need to keep enticing him. Perhaps the fact that I am brining a margarita maker to Honeymoon Harbor will help?
@Bruce , this Margarita maker you speak of.. what are "her " measurements??? Hell it just might entice me to join up!!!:eek:
:devilhorns::devilhorns::D

Well its official, received the email confirmation. The wife and I are bringing one other couple with us. We are booked for condo 3D with the slip reserved. This will be a great time with the amount of people that are interested. The group (@Bruce, @upperdeck, @justason, and @andy07sx230ho) is doing an awesome job with this. I wanted to say thank you and I can not wait to hang out on a beautiful beach with a tasty beverage with all of you!!!

Did resort world take over the management of the property every time I try to go to the website now it redirects me to resort worlds website?

It is so early in the process that it is hard to tell. I believe that 34 boats have expressed interest and 12 boats plus 3 or 4 skis have posted confirmation that they are going.
It would be awesome if there were 34 boats and some skis making the trip. That would be quite an impressive sight coming across the water. I really wish I could make a trip like this but probably not going to happen anytime soon. I look forward to seeing everyones pictures and videos, and living vicariously through all of you.

Did resort world take over the management of the property every time I try to go to the website now it redirects me to resort worlds website?

Resorts World did not take over Bimini Sands. In December one of the managers of Bimini Sands who owned the BininiSands.com domain was replaced. He must have sold the domain name to RW.

I believe the change is a change for the better and I know Bimini Sands is fully operational despite the lack of website.

Back