• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Would you want to cruise and just enjoy the journey, or is there a part that would like to see how fast you could do it?
@Ramblin Wreck, I probably start out with 3 month plan and see how the adventure develops? Cruise, enjoy the journey, do a little sightseeing, but there will be plenty of opportunities to max out the trigger finger. ;-)

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We didn't, my wife ripped the drone video of Bimini Sands Resort and the Sapona because we didn't have great shots of them.

The DJI Phantom seems to be the popular choice though.
Y'all did a great job with the video this yr. Definitely one of my favorites.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
[QUOTE INCENTIVES @Ramblin Wreck, post: 121714, member: 1800"]Appreciate it and look forward to meeting your family next year. I will warn you, its a bit addicting. :)[/QUOTE]
Yes sir, we look forward to meeting you & yours as well. Ever since before I became a t. nager of having a jetski of some sort. It was the summer of my upcoming senior year in high school before I got the first ride on one & I've been warped ever since. Lol.
I'm hoping it doesn't get any more addicting than it has become already, since Laura is already starting to refer to this site as my other girlfriend. Haha.
We uupgraded boats at the end of May so it didn't leave us enough time to get prepared for this yrs trip, but we are as ready now as we can be. Let the adventures begin. Alan

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No problem @JROD .. Next year.... I am still heading to Bimini the 3th or the 4th of September and coming back the 7th or the 8th

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
No problem @JROD .. Next year.... I am still heading to Bimini the 3th or the 4th of September and coming back the 7th or the 8th
Man, is killing me not being able to swing it! Have a blast!!! Oh yeah a safe trip too! SEE YA ON THE WATER!

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Friends, a little off subject, but just want to share with all you patriotic Americans in Orlando area.
In case you may not know the 82ND Airborne Division is America's 911 Force, ready to deploy massive combat power any where in the world in 18hrs! That's why is called "America's Guard of Honor" The 82ND ABN Division Association is having it's 69th annual convention and celebration of the 75th Anniversary of US Airborne and Special Operations forces at the Rosen Center in Orlando, FLA, AUG 12-15. There will be several military and retired paratroopers jumps/ airborne operations in the area, including yours truly. I hope to meet some of you as well and do a little jet ski riding around Orlando and Tampa Bay area, anyone interested?

Pls check out links for details

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479575888817905/
https://indd.adobe.com/view/29f19f4e-3ae5-4a85-b480-4696a2aa06ad
http://www.paratrooperdz.com/

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@1948Isaac Even though the weather will probably be ok it looks like I would have to tow 600 miles through the reminiscence of Erika to make it down for Bimini this comming weekend so I would say I'm likely out.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Friends, a little off subject, but just want to share with all you patriotic Americans in Orlando area.
In case you may not know the 82ND Airborne Division is America's 911 Force, ready to deploy massive combat power any where in the world in 18hrs! That's why is called "America's Guard of Honor" The 82ND ABN Division Association is having it's 69th annual convention and celebration of the 75th Anniversary of US Airborne and Special Operations forces at the Rosen Center in Orlando, FLA, AUG 12-15. There will be several military and retired paratroopers jumps/ airborne operations in the area, including yours truly. I hope to meet some of you as well and do a little jet ski riding around Orlando and Tampa Bay area, anyone interested?

What a humbling honor it was to be under parachute canopy again with my 82nd ABN DIV brothers and other paratroopers! Decades old dream for me to jump out of C-47 WWII bird since my initial assigment and "Cherry" brief by Commanding General Carl Stiner at 82nd museum where I first saw it. HOOAH epic event in celebration of 75 years of USA Airborne Forces. Link & pics below, me coming out of bird & landing in swamp . Yes! I am the chute to the right landing in the swamp in video and pic with my ABN BRO Jeff Whealton. We both should have gotten credit for a water jump!! ;-) BTW follow on event made my trip down to FLA even better thanks to @Jerry Ferrera, @tim h, and Manuel DeLaRosa that shows us great hospitality and were kind enough to make the hard sacrifice to take water scooter ride with me and shows us around the awesome waters around Tampa, ST Pete, and Sarasota areas. ;-) I know hard job, but somebody has to do the tough missions for our beloved America!!! ;-)

Attachments

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a humbling honor it was to be under parachute canopy again with my 82nd ABN DIV brothers and other paratroopers! Decades old dream for me to jump out of C-47 WWII bird since my initial assigment and "Cherry" brief by Commanding General Carl Stiner at 82nd museum where I first saw it. HOOAH epic event in celebration of 75 years of USA Airborne Forces. Link & pics below, me coming out of bird & landing in swamp . Yes! I am the chute to the right landing in the swamp in video and pic with my ABN BRO Jeff Whealton. We both should have gotten credit for a water jump!! ;-) BTW follow on event made my trip down to FLA even better thanks to @Jerry Ferrera, @tim h, and Manuel DeLaRosa that shows us great hospitality and were kind enough to make the hard sacrifice to take water scooter ride with me and shows us around the awesome waters around Tampa, ST Pete, and Sarasota areas. ;-) I know hard job, but somebody has to do the tough missions for our beloved America!!! ;-)

This should be in its own thread! Very cool!

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@1948Isaac Even though the weather will probably be ok it looks like I would have to tow 600 miles through the reminiscence of Erika to make it down for Bimini this comming weekend so I would say I'm likely out.
No problem, down here in florida is been raining alot. I will make the last call tomorrow depending i weather... but any time you guys are heading to the bahamas, let me know, i am hallways down for an adventure.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's a recent jet ski trip from Miami to Exumas. These guys took a different course then what I've seen in previous videos. They also ran into issues (oil pan leak, broken GPS) and decided to leave 3 of the 4 skis that endured the trip in Nassau and return by air. The jet ski with an oil pan leak appears to be sold to the locals where it was left. After watching the 1st video click on the user "A Kelly" to see the remaining videos. There's a total of 8.

A couple things they did that was pretty unique was wakeboard and kitesurf while in Exuma. It would be awesome to catch calm waters miles out in the sea and wakeboard behind a jet boat or jet ski.

Really good documentary of their trip.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Here's a recent jet ski trip from Miami to Exumas. These guys took a different course then what I've seen in previous videos. They also ran into issues (oil pan leak, broken GPS) and decided to leave 3 of the 4 skis that endured the trip in Nassau and return by air. The jet ski with an oil pan leak appears to be sold to the locals where it was left. After watching the 1st video click on the user "A Kelly" to see the remaining videos. There's a total of 8.

A couple things they did that was pretty unique was wakeboard and kitesurf while in Exuma. It would be awesome to catch calm waters miles out in the sea and wakeboard behind a jet boat or jet ski.

Really good documentary of their trip.

@Ramblin Wreck that's going to be us soon! ;-) We'll need that great fuel tank Mod on back of ski. They had extremely flat water on crossing to Bimini. But knowing what we know about how fast conditions can change, I have to figure out better way other than just straps to hold that fuel tank down? Notice how the one shifted sideways?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck these guys did this trip the correct way which most of us do not have the ability to do. They had the skis towed down a month in advance which gave them the ability to wait for the correct weather and and fly down on short notice and take advantage of it. I think its awesome they left the skis in Nassau to be able to fly back down and island hop from there that is a cool idea for those that have the means to do it.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We watched the videos on Saturday. Looked like an amazing trip.

My consensus is;

1. These guys were very well funded
  2. They had the flexibility to go when the weather was right
  3. Despite flexibility in timing their trip was cut short by rough water
  4. With such a small group they only needed one lodging unit
  5. Many of their meals were eaten at resteraunts the videos do not show what they brought for food
  6. They had the ability to book expensive lodging at the last minute
  7. Much of their activity must have been funded with cash rather than credit cards
  8. They had the flexibility to leave their skis and return without them
  9. I did not see any VHF radios or satellite communication devices. Hopefully they had them
  10. They made longer hops than our boats could without extra fuel