• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2016 photo/video thread

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Call me evil but I really enjoyed watching your ole man suffer a little :env:, especially with Ozzy mixed in. Also, loved hearing the jets come out of the water. You don't get it hear that everyday on the lake. Good Stuff @MrMoose
I'm glad that we share the same sense of humor and that you enjoyed the video @Ramblin Wreck. Puppa Moose was a trooper.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@swatski, I wish I could have been in the bow of your boat with your kids watching the dolphins. Great video.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's always a great highlight especially when it could have been the lowlight... risky business.
I think I know what you mean ;)! The Shark Cage :D:

upload_2016-7-8_22-34-29.png

--

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No question - for sure it was worth it, Especially considering it was the first time.

For all the driving we had to do - I'd love to see a few more days on the trip - or even another week - I know that's hard for a lot of folks, so we would probably go with the majority... And so long as the majority doesn't plan a trip too close to my kids letting out of school (this year we made it by the hairs of our chinny chin chins) I think we're all in !

If the Bimini part of the trip isn't longer, we may try to extend our stay next time with some boating in Florida as well. That would pretty much be a first for us too. Truth be told - between the drive and how hard we played in Bimini - we were a bit tuckered anyhow.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose great video! Did you guys not snorkel the second plain wreck? That's the best one if not. Also if you go to Cat Cay next time the prettiest spot down there is on the back side of the Cat Cay runway there is a sandbar and the water is probably the prettiest water I have ever seen and that means a lot coming from someone who was in Exuma this year @Ramblin Wreck and @JROD and I went back there the prior year and I still can't forget it I'm shocked I didn't go back there this year.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No question - for sure it was worth it, Especially considering it was the first time.

For all the driving we had to do - I'd love to see a few more days on the trip - or even another week - I know that's hard for a lot of folks, so we would probably go with the majority... And so long as the majority doesn't plan a trip too close to my kids letting out of school (this year we made it by the hairs of our chinny chin chins) I think we're all in !

If the Bimini part of the trip isn't longer, we may try to extend our stay next time with some boating in Florida as well. That would pretty much be a first for us too. Truth be told - between the drive and how hard we played in Bimini - we were a bit tuckered anyhow.
awesome @Majorsmackdown how far are you from lake Powell I maybe be willing to make you a trade next year year you run me and mine around lake Powell you guys can fly to Florida and I will run you guys around Bimini ;) as long as my plans allow and yours.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
awesome @Majorsmackdown how far are you from lake Powell I maybe be willing to make you a trade next year year you run me and mine around lake Powell you guys can fly to Florida and I will run you guys around Bimini ;) as long as my plans allow and yours.
I've wanted to go to Lake Powell (1200 miles) for a long time too - but never have. We have Shasta Lake much closer (450 miles) that I think is quite similar to Lake Powell.

To be quite frank, after spending time in Bimini, I don't see myself planning a trip to Lake Powell. If we have the time and $$ to make a boating vacation - I'm sure it'll be to Bimini again. And we will very likely bring our boat again - it wasn't much of a bother to tow it, and we stayed the speed limit so I don't think it really cost us much time except for more gas stops due to crappier gas mileage.

That said - you've made a very fair offer. How about you come to Shasta Lake and we'll meet you there with our boat. :)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've wanted to go to Lake Powell (1200 miles) for a long time too - but never have. We have Shasta Lake much closer (450 miles) that I think is quite similar to Lake Powell.

To be quite frank, after spending time in Bimini, I don't see myself planning a trip to Lake Powell. If we have the time and $$ to make a boating vacation - I'm sure it'll be to Bimini again. And we will very likely bring our boat again - it wasn't much of a bother to tow it, and we stayed the speed limit so I don't think it really cost us much time except for more gas stops due to crappier gas mileage.

That said - you've made a very fair offer. How about you come to Shasta Lake and we'll meet you there with our boat. :)
Powell is on the Bucket list I will have to do research on Shasta. I have been day dreaming a while about powell but have no desire to tow that far but do feel the same as you if I lived on the west coast I would have done Bimini and probably Exuma and towed for both of those. Even though Powell is on the Bucket list not sure its worth the tow I maybe better to rent a boat or talk @itsdgm into the same trade off lol.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose great video! Did you guys not snorkel the second plain wreck? That's the best one if not. Also if you go to Cat Cay next time the prettiest spot down there is on the back side of the Cat Cay runway there is a sandbar and the water is probably the prettiest water I have ever seen and that means a lot coming from someone who was in Exuma this year @Ramblin Wreck and @JROD and I went back there the prior year and I still can't forget it I'm shocked I didn't go back there this year.
@robert843, we went to both of those locations last year. I thought that the backside of Cat Cay had lots of shallow areas last year, and I didn't want to get hung-up or suck up a shell with this year's additional passengers. We did the other plane wreck last year and the current was really strong, so I didn't bother this year. While snorkeling the plane wreck this year, there was a really big shark that swam by. It looked like a nurse and it was around 7 feet.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found this interesting video of Honeymoon Harbor. I believe it is @solarman's crew.

I had not seen the Resorts World boats that far south before.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length